Global Communities is seeking a Senior Integrated SRH/HIV Services Advisor for an anticipated, USAID-funded HIV Prevention Activity in Malawi. The program’s goal is to prevent new HIV infections in target populations within PEPFAR priority districts. The program will increase the use of proven, high-impact HIV prevention interventions by high-risk and underserved populations, especially adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and men. It will also identify undiagnosed HIV-infected persons and link them to treatment.
The Senior Integrated SRH/HIV Services Advisor will be the lead technical expert on delivery of comprehensive SRH/HIV services to targeted AGYW as part of the larger DREAMS package. S/he will provide expert guidance on appropriate technical and programmatic approaches for scale up of contraceptive and other SRH services for AGYW, including GBV mitigation and post-violence care. S/he will recommend improvements in delivery of services and engage in mentoring of clinical staff.
The Senior Integrated SRH/HIV Services Advisor will have the following qualifications and experience:
* Master’s degree in public health, health management, or related discipline, or clinical degree in medicine or nursing.
* Minimum 8 years professional experience with international health and HIV/AIDS programs, inclusive of at least 3 to 5 years in a technical leadership role in resource-challenged settings.
* At least 3 years’ experience with the delivery of FP/SRH services at scale in the East and Southern Africa region, including experience with the provision of these services to AGYW.
* Demonstrated state-of-the-art expertise in youth-friendly SRH services, family planning/HIV integration, and GBV services, especially post-violence care, in high prevalence settings.
* Prior experience with clinical training of health personnel for improved service delivery in resource-challenged settings.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.