Globesight is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as a Senior Expert (Nutrition) to provide expert
input to the development of nutrition programs in Pakistan. This is a 12-month (renewable), part-time role. This person should have an established track record on advising global organizations working in nutrition.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) aim to end all forms of poverty, fight inequalities and tackle climate change, while ensuring that no one is left behind. While SDG2 specifically focuses on ending hunger and malnutrition by 2030, at least 12 of the 17 SDGs contain indicators that are highly relevant to nutrition. In recognition of these issue, and in an effort to support the people to live healthier lives, improve their nutritional status, and lift themselves out of poverty, including efforts to reduce stunting, wasting, anemia, as well as improvements in exclusive breastfeeding and low birth weight and obesity, Globesight supports the development of sustained nutrition programs with a focus on food fortification to increase effective coverage of proven nutrition interventions in the geographic regions where we work.
About the Position
The Senior Expert will work closely with the Globesight project team and local specialists, as well as liaise with international and national partner organizations. He/she will provide international expert-level technical advice to contribute to program design, implementation, and evaluation of nutrition initiatives.
- Provide high quality and timely technical input to national partners on aspects of nutrition
- Review and provide technical input on nutrition materials and interventions
- Strengthen the expertise of the global partner team and in-country project teams on nutrition
- Provide technical support and review work of partners on nutrition with a focus on the efficacy and effectiveness research and the integration of polio and nutrition interventions
- Participate, where appropriate, in nutrition-related meetings
- Support an annual review and technical consultation on nutrition specific and sensitive actions
- Advanced degree from a leading & recognized university in the field of nutrition, public health, or other aspect of maternal, neonatal, & child health
- Proven track record in the nutrition sector and expert knowledge of current nutrition issues including food fortification
- Past experience working with and advising global organizations working in the nutrition sector
- Familiarity with the Middle East, Africa and South Asia regions and their working customs/culture is a plus
- High levels of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated and has the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
The compensation will align with competitive benchmarks in the sector.
Please, send a cover letter and a recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Senior Expert (Nutrition)
About the Organization
Globesight is a global development firm working collaboratively with innovative partners to craft solutions to the world’s most pressing social issues. We develop strategies, investigate complex issues through relevant research, cultivate insights in data scarce environments, and aim to reframe conversation to challenge assumptions on advancing change. Globesight has offices in Dubai, Islamabad, Ankara, and New York, and operates with a distributed global structure.