Abt Associates seeks a qualified Senior International Recruiter to support Abt’s International Development Division (IDD). The Sr. Recruiter will establish and maintain a strong network for sourcing and attracting talent and will plan recruitment strategies helping to assess current and longer-term hiring needs. With a focus on attracting high-quality professional candidates and filling Home Office and project-specific rolls, the incumbent is responsible for executing recruitment strategies to attract top talent, developing strong partnerships with hiring managers, building a bench of qualified candidates, cultivating an in-depth understanding of client hiring needs, establishing a strong recruiting network, and utilizing numerous techniques to source and attract potential talent.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Leads Home Office Recruitment for the International Development Divsion (IDD) and will support some in-country project recruitment
- Coordinates with IDD leadership to develop recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing objectives
- Employs a variety of standard and specialized sourcing techniques to identify a high quality diverse candidate pool
- Creates and fosters relationships with key associations, industry specific organizations, and other resources to attract top candidates to Abt
- Screens and refers qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviews. Provide screening for manager to ensure applicants meet required and desired qualifications based upon job requisitions
- Works with HR and Hiring managers to develop and extend offers of employment to selected candidates within the guidelines of Abt’s employment policies and procedures
- Collaborates with other HR team members on training and development projects related to recruitment
- Analyzes recruiting market trends in order to improve Abt’s effectiveness at senior level recruitment
- Supports the Global Recruiting Manager to design and implement more efficient recruitment processes
- Maintains records on recruiting activities and analyzes metrics
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelor degree with 5 – 7 years of experience, including at least 1 year supporting international development projects, including those funded by USAID and other donor organizations.
- Strong preference for direct overseas experience and relevant language skills (Spanish, French, Russian, Arabic).
- Strong organization, communication, and networking skills.
- Strong /proven technical writing skills.
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel at a minimum.
- Team player with interest in collaborative work environment.
- Aptitude for building successful relationships with candidates, colleagues and individuals involved in hiring process.
- Superior professionalism, discretion, and judgment.
- Bachelor degree with 5-7 years of international recruitment experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.