Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices based in Washington, DC and abroad. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Team Lead to provide gender and social inclusion (GSI) design support for an upcoming Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Call Order for its Malawi Compact. The MCC is currently developing a Compact with the Malawi government. Part of this development will include a design stage for including GSI into its programming. The technical support will help design programs to overcome GSI barriers identified in a social and gender analysis and provide recommendations on program requirements necessary to achieve equitable outcomes.
This position is remote with some travel required depending on COVID-19 restrictions and is contingent upon contract award.
- Manage the GSI technical support provided to MCC, coordinate the team, provide oversight of all deliverables, and serve as a main point of contact between MCC and the team.
- Manage a team of international and national technical, research, and sector specialists.
- Conduct required secondary data collection (literature review) as needed.
- Conduct required primary data collection remotely or by traveling to Malawi with a team of national and international GSI experts.
- Provide overall GSI technical support to Banyan Global and MCC in designing programs to overcome previously identified GSI barriers in Malawi and developing program requirements necessary to achieve equitable outcomes.
- Provide other GSI technical support as required by Banyan Global and MCC.
- An advanced degree in economics, development, or related field.
- At least 10 years expertise in gender equality, women’s empowerment, and social inclusion.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing new and innovative frameworks, methodology, and tools to identify and analyze barriers to inclusive growth and the impact of these barriers on the poor, women, and other disadvantaged groups.
- At least 5 years’ experience leading multisectoral teams and working with donors and governments.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in developing countries, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong technical research, writing, and management skills.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection skills.
- Previous work experience in Malawi preferred.
- Previous MCC experience preferred.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC with staff working in several countries across the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, health, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.