As a member of the regional investment team, you will hold leadership responsibilities and will be responsible for developing new business opportunities and manage client relationships in the Region.
- Identify new debt financing opportunities to socially responsible financial intermediaries (banks, microfinance institutions, leasing companies, other credit institutions) and develop debt investment pipeline;
- Perform preliminary analysis to assess risks of the pipeline companies, perform initial due diligence if necessary, develop loan structures to mitigate risks and negotiate terms sheets with the potential borrowers;
- Maintain relationships with the current portfolio companies in the Region and arrange new debt transactions to meet client financing needs;
- Support Regional Manager in meeting business objectives in respect to disbursement and portfolio growth targets;
- Support Regional Manager and Chief Credit Officer in development and maintenance of the relevant business processes and tools.
Required skills and experience
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in deal origination in structured and/or leveraged finance. At least 5 years should be specifically in the Region including Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Caucasus and Central Asia (CCA), Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and Middle East (ME);
- Substantial professional network within the financial sector in the Region (such network in other impact sectors, e.g. agriculture, renewable energy, etc. is a plus)
- Credit risk management experience, ideally in impact investing;
- Experience in performing financial due diligences and/or risk assessments in financial institutions and SMEs;
- Experience with structuring and negotiating debt instruments;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English; also in Russian), knowledge of another regional language(s) is a plus;
- Degree, preferably advanced, in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
Your personal profile
- Flexible, self-starter with ambition to excel, positive energy and commercial acumen and good business network;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability;
- Willingness to live in Tbilisi and ability to frequently undertake work related travel in the Region.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is August 9, 2018.
About the Organization
Founded in 2001, BlueOrchard Finance is a leading impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and sustainable growth while providing attractive returns for its investors. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, BlueOrchard has offices in Singapore, Cambodia, Georgia, Peru, Kenya, Luxembourg, and Geneva. To date, the company has deployed approximately USD 5bn in impact investments across 70 emerging and frontier markets, enabling social impact.