Senior Irrigation Engineer, Pakistan Irrigation Efficiency Improvement (IEI) Activity, Islamabad, Pakistan
International Resources Group (IRG) seeks a Senior Irrigation Engineer to manage a two-year IEI component under Energy Efficiency and Capacity program which aims to introduce water-saving on-farm irrigation technology on 21,000 acres of tubewell-irrigated farmland in several provinces of Pakistan.
Provide technical leadership and direction related to
(1) design of on-farm irrigation technology packages
(2) promotion of the packages through field days, demonstrations, and other activities
(3) monitoring of outcomes and adapting program activities to achieve anticipated results
Also provide overall program management and reporting, and coordinate with the larger activity of which the IEI is a component.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with designing, costing, installing, and managing on-farm irrigation systems, including drip, sprinkler, and furrow irrigation (including surge flow); experience must include a mix of developed and developing country experience
- An M.S. or Ph.D. degree in agricultural or civil engineering or a closely-related field
- Program management experience, including staff, administrative, and financial management
- Excellent written and spoken English
How to apply: Please send a current resume and cover letter to NRMExperts@irgltd.com with the position title, “Senior Irrigation Engineer” in the subject line. In the cover letter please highlight and give details on past experience in the three areas listed under “Responsibilities”.
International Resources Group (IRG) is an international professional services firm that helps governments, the private sector, communities, and households manage critical resources to build a cleaner, safer, and more prosperous world. Please visit our website at www.irgltd.com to learn more about IRG. IRG is an EOE- M/F/D/V