Dexis is seeking an experienced Senior Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning Advisor for an anticipated five (5) year USAID funded Feed the Future Knowledge, Data, Learning, and Training (KDLT) Activity that will provide the USAID Bureau for Food Security (BFS), Feed the Future Missions, interagency partners, and implementing partners with concrete support and tools to capture, share, and access knowledge that helps improve the effectiveness of Feed the Future programs, leading to improved nutrition and reduced poverty in Feed the Future focus countries.
KDLT will serve as a specialized, responsive, and well-integrated mechanism to increase BFS’ capacity for, and quality of knowledge-sharing, data management and analysis, organizational learning, and training, in support of adaptive management of Feed the Future, in alignment with the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS).
This is a long-term position expected to start in September 2018. The position is contingent upon award.
- Provide technical assistance and online platforms to USAID and partners to improve their knowledge sharing and collaboration, and foster an enhanced culture of collaboration, knowledge-sharing, learning, and adapting;
- Lead efforts for improved and sustained USAID/BFS capacity to implement knowledge-sharing events and create effective knowledge products;
- Design, maintain, and upgrade USAID web platforms and databases (such as Agrilinks);
- Lead community engagement and content management for the Agrilinks platform;
- Improve BFS’s capacity and performance on various elements of USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework;
- Provide scoping, logistics, facilitation, and management support for events such as webinars, in-person events, staff meetings, online discussions, and USAID Global Learning and Evidence Exchange events (GLEEs);
- Support development of USAID in-person and online training courses on topics relating to agriculture, food security, nutrition, and resilience for USAID staff and partners;
- Develop communications and dissemination plans for Feed the Future technical guidance documents, data sets, and learning products.
- A Master’s degree or higher in areas related to Knowledge Management, Strategic Communications, or Adult Learning;
- Six (6) years or more of relevant experience in knowledge management, organizational learning, and /or strategic learning in an international development context, preferably including USAID experience;
- Experience with data management, learning, and/or KM platforms;
- Experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Managing websites and online communities
- E-learning and training
- Facilitation of groups, meetings, and events - both online and in person
- Experience with communities of practice, both online and in person
- Experience with Drupal content management software (Drupal 7.54 or above), Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB server, and PHP scripting language a plus;
- Knowledge of USAID and their operations preferred, as well as an understanding of the unique environment in which USAID projects operate; experience with other international development institutions is also helpful.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.