The upcoming five-year USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract is a monitoring and evaluation activity in Zambia focused on the health sector. The key objectives include the following:
- Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners.
- Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
SI is seeking a full-time Senior KM/DDU Advisor to provide programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen knowledge management and data demand and use all levels in the public health sector in the USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract., Zambia. The Senior KM/DDU Advisor will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance. This position will be based in Lusaka.
- Responsible for identifying, managing, packaging, and disseminating key information to advance technical practice in the areas of HMIS, health research, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data.
- Identify data needs at all levels and build capacity to implement tools and approaches through training and workshops.
- Facilitate the uptake of improved practices generated through the three objectives of this award.
- Focus on building national, provincial, district, and facility level, and use HMIS data for evidence-based programming in collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in public health or related field required.
- At least eight years of experience in working with information systems management and design in the health field for USG-funded projects or other internationally funded programs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and lead a world-class knowledge management strategy.
- Excellent presentation skills of technical data and information, including health research methods and statistical analysis, to non-technical audiences to support data-informed decision making, advocacy, and other activity objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering engaging and innovative trainings on knowledge management and organizational learning.
- Demonstrated experience in serving as a knowledge management expert to guide and support USAID and the government of the Republic of Zambia.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.