Senior Law Enforcement Expert
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) is recruiting for a Senior Law Enforcement Expert to support a project providing technical assistance on monitoring and evaluation efforts for the Department of State’s Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement’s (INL) West Africa Regional Security Initiative (WARSI). The Senior Law Enforcement Expert will provide technical assistance in the following areas:
- Review and provide feedback on interview, focus groups and survey questionnaires;
- Participate with Team Lead in field work data collection in Cote d’Ivoire and Benin;
- Work with Team Lead and Evaluation Specialist to:
- Present data to INL Washington and other stakeholders;
- Develop inputs for draft and final evaluation reports;
- Review evaluation reports for appropriate subject-matter context/treatment; and
- Contribute to the development and/or finalization of a Five-Year Program Plan and Performance Measurement Plan and Metrics for the Model Policing Program in Cote d’Ivoire, and of a Five-Year Program Plan and Performance Measurement Plan and Metrics for INL/Benin Program.
- At least 10 years of law enforcement experience;
- Some relevant experience providing subject matter technical support for evaluation and research projects and analytical work;
- Prior experience working with INL preferred; experience working on US Government funded projects required;
- Experience in West Africa preferred; and
- French language proficiency required.
Position Type: Short-term, duration 3-4 months. Mostly part-time work but including 1-2 weeks of full-time field work with the team in Cote d’Ivoire and Benin.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in order to fill the position immediately. Candidates are encouraged to apply early. We will only contact those candidates who best meet our needs. No phone calls or additional emails please.
About the Organization
Democracy International, Inc. (DI) provides technical assistance, analytical services and project implementation for democracy, human rights, governance and conflict mitigation programs worldwide for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the U.S. State Department and other development partners. Since its founding in 2003, Democracy International has worked with civil society organizations, political parties, election-management bodies, government agencies, legislatures, justice-sector institutions, and others in 70 countries. DI is an equal opportunity employer.