The purpose of the Ethiopia Electronic Health Information System (e-HIS) project is to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in strengthening and modernizing the national Health Information System of Ethiopia. The project will involve supporting the government of Ethiopia to develop and bring to scale priority electronic health information systems, instill a culture of data use, build capacity and
Deloitte LLP is seeking a Senior/Lead Technical Adviser – Data Use for an anticipated USAID Ethiopia Health Information Systems (eHIS) project. The expected purpose of the project is to improve the collection and use of high-quality routine information in the health sector and contribute to improved quality, efficiency and availability of primary health and nutrition services at all levels.
The Data Use Advisor will provide technical leadership role for the cultural transformation for data use for decision making activities. It is expected that this advisor will be full-time for the entire period of performance. It is highly desirable that this advisor have a Master’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Statistics, Epidemiology, Research and / or a related discipline is required, as well as 5 years of relevant work experience and a proven track record.
- Ability to work and quickly adapt in a complex environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong training, communications and personnel management skills
- Out of the box thinker who can bring nontraditional ideas/solutions to project roadblocks
- Ethiopian national strongly preferred
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Amharic is preferred
About the Organization
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.