Job Title: Senior/Lead Technical Adviser – Data Use
Department/Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime.
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Senior/Lead Technical Adviser – Data Use for the USAID Supporting the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) to Improve Health Outcomes Activity in Ethiopia. The Data Use Advisor will provide technical leadership role for the cultural transformation for data use for decision making activities. The anticipated period of performance is 5 years with an estimated start date of summer 2019.
The position is for a proposal and is contingent upon successful award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen data demand and use across all levels in the public health sector.
- Identify, manage, package and disseminate key information to advance technical practice in the areas of HMIS, health research, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Build national, provincial, district, and facility level demand for and ability to use HMIS data for evidence-based programming in collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders;
- Develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of HMIS data, identify data needs at all levels, and build capacity to implement tools and approaches through training and workshops.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Substantial knowledge and ability in strengthening data demand and use across all levels in the public health sector.
- Proven ability to identify, manage, pack and disseminate key information to advance technical practice in the areas of HMIS, health research and monitoring and evaluation.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- 5 years of experience providing technical support for decision-making within the health sector
- Experience in providing technical assistance for health data analysis at national and sub-national level;
- Strong experience in quantitative and qualitative health data analysis;
- Expertise in translating health data analysis into actionable decision making;
- Experience using software programs for health data analysis (i.e., Stata, SPSS, for quantitative data; Nvivo or alike for qualitative data);
- Experience providing technical support for decision-making within the health sector
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s degree in computer science, statistics, epidemiology, and/or research or a related discipline from an accredited institution required.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 25 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel throughout Ethiopia as necessary.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.