Tetra Tech, ES, Inc.is looking for candidates to immediately fill senior leadership roles on its energy projects in South East Europe and the Caucuses. Candidates will be expected to work closely with the client (the U.S. Agency for International Development, USAID) and serve as both overall managers and technical advisors. The roles are fixed term for the remaining life of the projects; however, this may be revisited for exceptional candidates. Candidates must be willing to relocate to the region.
- Work closely with the client (USAID) for the strategic vision and overall leadership of the project team
- Responsible for the project team’s performance and achievement of all key objectives.
- Ensure that USAID is fully knowledgeable and engaged with government counterparts, and other stakeholders on all aspects of its energy and reform agenda.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful management, initiation, and completion of complex energy studies of significant importance to the USG
- Provide technical advice on energy issues, economic research analyses, and economic policy recommendations for USAID programs/projects and other activities, including sector specific issues.
- Manage the preparation of the project’s progress report, work-plans and other contractual deliverables
- Collaborate with operations and contracts staff on work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, drafting technical justifications for USAID approvals, and reporting and budgeting
- Oversee the sourcing, recruiting, hiring and deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors
- Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns
- Act as a liaison to the headquarters office in Arlington, VA for day-to-day problem solving
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- 15+ years’ experience on policy and investment issues related to energy
- 10+ years’ experience managing international projects
- Master’s degree in business administration, law, engineering, economics, finance, policy, or a related field
- Demonstrated familiarity with EU and Energy Community regulations
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Senior Program Manager for large and complex energy-related policy reform, and/or local government projects
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.