EnCompass is seeking a Senior Leadership Advisor. The Senior Leadership Advisor provides technical expertise and innovative approaches to EnCompass’ leadership and coaching programs. Designs, manages, and facilitates various leadership, coaching, and management development programs for emerging and senior leaders in United Nations organizations, U.S. government agencies, and private and public sector organizations. While location is flexible, it is preferred that the incumbent reside in a UN headquarters city (New York, Geneva, Rome, etc.)
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Oversees various leadership, coaching, and management development contracts and projects.
- Plans, organizes, and directs a range of leadership and development activities.
- Develops and maintains client, coach, and consultant relationships.
- Sets up communication and monitoring systems for programs.
- Monitors programs for quality.
- Manages and monitors contracts and project budgets with finance team.
- Liaises with clients and partners and plan/coordinate program activities with them.
- Brings leading-edge thinking, methodologies and approaches to leadership, coaching, and management development programs.
- Develops learning designs using creative, innovative and evidence-based approaches.
- Provides guidance and support on assessment tools, for example using 360 degree feedback, MBTI, StrengthsFinder, and other tools
- Develops detailed design and facilitator materials
- Facilitates leadership and management development sessions and courses, both virtually and in-person
- Supervises and supports quality performance of staff.
- Conducts periodic and annual performance appraisals of staff.
- Recruits, manages and supports consultants working on relevant programs.
- Reviews and ensures quality performance of consultants.
- Recruits new staff and consultants for proposals and new contracts.
- Supports proposal development in collaboration with other staff and consultants.
- Identifies new partners and sources of new business.
- Collaborates with EnCompass staff and consultant teams to strengthen design of projects and proposals.
Engages fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing support to other team members as needed.
- Minimum of a master’s degree and six years’ experience or PhD and four years’ experience. Degree in Leadership, Coaching, Organizational Development or a related field.
- Coaching certification highly desirable, International Coach Federation (ICF) certification preferred
Experience and Skills
- Expertise in leadership and management development theory and practice.
- Significant experience conducting and managing leadership and management development programs
- Experience with managing and supervising professional coaches preferred
- Experience with various types of assessment tools including but not limited to 360 degree assessment, StrengthsFinder, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
- Well-developed professional networks
- Significant experience working with international organizations, including the UN, U.S. Government, NGOs, and the private sector.
- Experience in adult learning, instructional design, training and facilitation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Strong communication skills, including writing and public speaking.
- Previous experience working in a consulting and project environment, highly desirable.
- Experience working in multiple sectors and in both international and domestic settings.
- Flexibility and ability to travel; experience working or living overseas preferred.
- Ability to work sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- High level of competence in writing reports, analyses, proposals or other technical communications
- Word processing, database management, spreadsheets (Excel), and web-based programs.
- Fluency in language(s) other than English highly desirable.
- Strong planning, organization, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience in project management and supervision.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks, producing quality products within tight time constraints.
- Proven track record of managing complex training projects and large budgets.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.