Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Bangladesh
ME&A is recruiting a Learning Advisor for the USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) contract. The purpose of BMEL will be to serve as a central platform for ensuring that development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services. The Learning Advisor is expected to serve in the role of an experienced, organizational learning and knowledge management professional. The role will be associated with guiding USAID/Bangladesh’s staff and senior management team on how to realize progressive, CLA-oriented program supervision practices through USAID’s CDCS implementation, primarily by bolstering USAID’s evaluation, development and organizational learning practices.
Overseeing all aspects of the Mission’s CLA activities, such as planning and budgeting for each assigned activity, identifying appropriate staffing levels, securing appropriate qualified staff, providing relevant technical guidance, leading consultations with relevant USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners, identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables.
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in program/project development, M&E, and implementation in a developing country context.
- The individual must have experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice, and social networking.
- The individual must have experience with a wide range of development issues, such as program evaluation, gender constraints to development, agriculture, economic growth, environment, democracy and governance, health, nutrition, and education.
- The individual must have experience leading or overseeing the work of large teams of individuals with diverse skills and interests.
- The individual must have demonstrated success in mentoring and/or coaching staff in project development, project implementation, and M&E.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
- A demonstrative passion for facilitating and creating organizational learning, change and advancing foreign aid effectiveness opportunities.
- The individual must demonstrate conversation and presentation skills that can influence decision makers, foster organizational change strategies, with implementation occurring within a complex organizational setting.
- The individual must have a demonstrated ability and track record in strategic, systems and holistic thinking, managing resistance to change and understanding of organizational culture, learning and change management.
- The ability to serve as an effective USAID representative with a wide array of individuals and institutions is essential.
- The Advisor must have strong writing skills and be able to prepare clear, substantive reports and briefing papers in English, in a timely manner.
- She/he must be familiar with a wide range of issues, such as program evaluation, gender-constraints to development, agriculture, community development, economics and democracy and governance.
- In addition, she/he must have the capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in organizational learning, organizational behavior, public policy or administration, business administration, management, development administration, knowledge management, political science, international relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.