RTI seeks an experienced and dynamic Senior Learning
Advisor for the Integrated Learning Solutions (ILS) practice, to provide a
range of learning and advisory services, and technical assistance to
USAID-funded clients. RTI
International has been USAID’s training program development partner for over a
decade. Our team is committed to this partnership effort to transform USAID
into a learning organization.
Senior Learning Advisor will provide senior level management and
technical assistance to USAID-funded programs and assigned USG clients as a
part of the Integrated Learning Solutions team. S/he will be responsible for overall project performance to client
requirements and satisfaction, and in conformance with RTI policies, procedures
and guidelines. May perform the role of a Project Manager as needed.
The position will report to the Director for Integrated
Learning Solutions and be based, full-time, in Washington D.C.
Technical Leadership for Current and Future Portfolio Needs
Senior Project Management
periodic external, agency-wide needs assessments, as requested.
- Perform external
outreach and communication activities for programs and recommend
learning-related solutions, tools and systems (e.g. developing agency wide
thought leadership, strategic guidance and facilitation support to senior
level working groups.
- Lead the
development of learning strategies and identification of learning and
performance improvement best practices for external clients.
- Assist with
research, planning, design and implementation of learning activities.
and work with the ILS Director to identify and discuss agency wide
learning solutions strategy.
and/or contribute to blogs, technical articles, papers, reports on key
and/or contribute to presentations, seminars and workshops on
international development topics.
and/or lead opportunities that will contribute to the growth of ILS
- Perform business
development tasks: maintaining relationships with the client, coordinating
meetings, developing technical and cost approaches, making bid/no bid
recommendations, identifying and securing teaming partners.
or lead the development of technical proposals, white papers, or concept
notes in response to client needs.
- Engage in
additional business development activities as needed.
for project management schedules, budget, and contractual deliverables.
relationships with key sector partners (large and small business),
consultants, and stakeholders.
project documentation, deliverables and data are maintained consistently
in accordance with policies and standards for RTI/ILS.
report sections for external clients and Professional Development
initiatives within the ILS portfolio.
directly supervise Chief of Party and/or Project Management Team staff
(Project Coordinators, Project Associates, etc.).
- Mentor, and
develop staff within the technical portfolio.
other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant social science or related field and 16 years of related work experience; or Master’s Degree in relevant social science or related field and 12 years of related work experience
- Experience in project management, administration and operational support in international development.
- Management and supervisory experience required. Must have experience work with USAID or on USAID-funded programming. Experience working with offices such as PPL, HCTM, or OAA would be an asset.
- Demonstrated and measurable experience in designing, facilitating and evaluating tailored learning activities, across a variety of themes, forums and stakeholders.
- Experience working with project management teams and matrix environment.
- Proven technical experience with applicable technical area (e.g. adult leaning, learning best practices, CLA, knowledge management).
- Demonstrated experience in leading business and/or proposal development activities.
- Experience supporting and working with small businesses to implement projects preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced understanding of Professional Development strategies within an international development context.
- Proven ability to work across technical and operational areas within practice area and division.
- Expert knowledge in learning and project management practices in international development.
- Strong client relationship management skills and abilities.
- Proven ability to manage and support complex portfolios.
- PMP course work or certification preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in project operational management and support skills and abilities.
- Strong report writing skills and abilities.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent ability in communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability.