Senior Learning Advisor, USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA), Evaluation, Assessments and Analyses (EAA) project, Kenya
The anticipated project will provide the USAID/KEA mission and its implementing partners with technical assistance in designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative evaluation studies and knowledge management platforms. The project will also train the mission and local institutions on M&E best practices and evaluation methods.
The Senior Learning Advisor will work with the USAID/KEA and its partners to recognize and share emerging issues, and will help identify and respond to key learning issues to inform mission strategy. The Senior Learning Advisor will also act as a liaison with other key implementers and identify key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement. This is a full-time position based in Nairobi.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Initiate dialogue and learning with stakeholders around emerging issues.
- Coordinate efforts amongst implementers working in common development objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of a learning plan.
- Undergraduate degree in a field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration, knowledge management, political science, economics, or development studies.
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning, project design, learning, and knowledge management (or a minimum of 5 years with a graduate degree).
- Experience in applying learning to improve development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies. Experience on USAID projects required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; Swahili language skills desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.