Resonance is seeking candidates to serve as a Senior Learning Advisor for an anticipated USAID Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)-funded Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination, Contract 2 (MECC 2). The contract will provide support to the DRC operating unit, Central African Republic (CAR) unit, and the Central African Regional Operating Unit (CAROU). The support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Missions portfolio to measure progress toward Development Objectives (DOs) and improve the achievability and sustainability of the Mission’s outcomes. The Senior Learning Advisor will report to the Chief of Party (COP), providing leadership, quality assurance, and technical oversight to all learning activities. The Senior Learning Advisor will work collaboratively with M&E team to ensure insights are adequately captured and disseminated. The position includes the following responsibilities:
- Foster collaborative relationships with Mission stakeholders; serve as a convener for dialogue and learning; assist in identifying and responding to key learning issues; and coordinate efforts among IPs working in common Development Objectives (DOs).
- Facilitate the development and implementation of a learning plan for the Mission Community of Practice that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Propose and lead specific Collaborating Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities, including learning events, conferences, workshops, and informal opportunities to share and document learning.
- Promote a CLA enabling environment within the Mission through positive change management practices and development of sound communication strategies to promote rapid uptake of new processes, policies, and practices.
- Support CLA management at the Mission by producing reflections on the implications of new learning; developing product plans for adapting activities accordingly; establishing a network of key stakeholders and organize periodic, appropriate opportunities for USAID to interact with them based on strategy implementation and evidence-based experience.
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders.
- Work with the COP and other technical leads, ensuring that MEL information is shared and used through knowledge sharing and learning processes to improve upon the Mission’s programming.
- Provide TA to integrate systems thinking and the J2SR principles into all MEL activities.
- Ensure that short- and long-term team members recruited are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Master’s degree in fields such as international development, public administration, political science, economics, or other related technical discipline.
- At least 8 years of demonstrated experience in MEL, such as strategic planning, facilitation of learning, fostering stakeholder collaboration, development and incorporation of CLA tools and strategies on project activities, using strategic communications, promoting knowledge management practices and systems, championing use of evidence-based planning and programming, applying systems thinking and behavioral change for adaptive management.
- Demonstrated experience working with and leading multicultural, diverse teams and participants.
- Strong understanding of ADS requirements, the Program Cycle, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, the J2SR, Clear Choice, and other significant Agency initiatives.
- Experience serving in a similar capacity on USAID-funded contracts supporting monitoring and learning/CLA tasks.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience building relationships with clients and organizations, engaging stakeholders, and partnerships in the development context.
- Experience leading training, facilitation, and/or mentoring on learning subject areas with USAID Missions, government staff, and/or IP staff.
- Experience leading communities of practice and convening stakeholders (including government partners) to reflect on and interpret data for programmatic improvement and decision making.
- Experience in knowledge management procedures and systems thinking.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Professional experience in the region.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in French preferred.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.