RTI International’s Integrated Learning Solutions Practice Area within the International Development Group seeks experienced and dynamic individuals to support efforts in blended learning design and development on USAID-funded training and capacity building contracts. This is a this is a 1 year term assignment, ending in September, 2021.
The Senior Learning Specialist is responsible for effective analysis, design, development, and evaluation of courses, and organizational development activities. They contributes to best practices in instructional design and development that include e-learning (WBT), microlearning, videos, virtual instructor-led training (VILT), instructor-led (ILT), and other learning products. The role requires the expert ability to conduct in-depth needs analysis to uncover learner and organizational needs, identify performance gaps, design effective learning solutions, identify project level of effort (LOE), and implement project management.
The Senior Learning Specialist will utilize eLearning authoring software and digital development tools for assigned learning development projects. The Senior Learning Specialist keeps abreast of training, learning, and development research, learning theory, cognitive theory; and, new materials, methods, and techniques. The Senior Learning Specialist is adept at working in both agile (SAM) and waterfall (ADDIE) environments and successful in the management of the design, development, and delivery of innovative learning solutions.
The position will report to the Senior Learning Advisor. Requirements:
- Designs blended learning solutions, using creative, innovative, and evidence-based approaches and works with subject-matter experts to develop dynamic learning sessions and programs for in-person, online, and virtual courses and learning solutions.
- Collaborates with peers and clients to develop training development strategies and design training, including identifying appropriate content and sequencing for courses and modules.
- Conducts learning assessments (e.g., training needs analysis, curriculum analysis, and Kirkpatrick Evaluations) including research, document reviews, telephone interviews, focus groups, and final report authoring.
- Ensures the creation of all learning solutions maintain high standards of excellence in design, instructional soundness, and meet the learning needs within the project parameters (e.g., time, budget, learning objectives).
- Identifies and champions creative thinking to design and develop advanced learning methods to engage learners, continuously striving to use new and inventive ways to facilitate learning.
- Plans, executes, and manages learning designs to ensure stakeholders are appropriately informed and support the learning approach proposed.
- Designs and develops curriculum for instructor-led training.
- Develops content outlines for learning solutions.
- Develops storyboards for Learning solutions.
- Designs and delivers virtual and in-person learning events.
- Designs and develops instructional/educational courses and performance support tools in adherence with any provided documentation standards.
- Solicits and incorporates feedback from subject matter experts and assess evaluation feedback to make appropriate changes to learning solutions.
- Supports ILS in learning program strategies and design.
- Facilitates and/or participates in train-the-trainer, pilot sessions, and course overviews, as necessary.
- Supports the development of internal RTI business proposals designed to grow training business and contributes to project growth by seeking opportunities to expand existing work.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Organizational Development, Communication, International Development or other related fields with at least 9 years of experience required in the design and delivery of learning programs; OR a Bachelor’s degree with at least 12 years of experience in the design and delivery of learning programs.
- At least three (3) years of experience in successful project management of the design, development, and delivery of innovative learning solutions.
- Demonstrated fluency in instructional design with a focus on blended learning and microlearning.
- Demonstrated fluency in e-learning, VILT, and ILT design and development, webinar production, and in-person facilitation.
- Demonstrated fluency in the application of adult learning theories and leading-edge instructional design methods.
- Demonstrated fluency with e-learning authoring programs (e.g., Articulate Storyline 2 and Adobe: Captivate, Premiere, Connect), SCORM, Section 508 compliance, and course LMS preparation.
- Demonstrated fluency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in cross-cultural environments.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that build relationships at all levels across the organization with a high capacity for influence, collaboration, and consensus.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify project level of effort (LOE), draft project budgets, and implement project management.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines, and with competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines and multitask.
- Attention to detail; ability to manage timelines; flexibility and responsiveness.
- Ability to receive United States government security clearance.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as needed.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future.
- Experience with U.S. government contracting – in particular, USAID – is preferred.
- Experience in international development is preferred.
- Experience working on international development projects is preferred.
- Individuals with active USG security clearance are preferred.