EnCompass LLC is currently seeking a Senior Learning Specialist to join our Learning Development Team, at EnCompass HQ in Rockville, MD. This position is responsible for designing, developing, delivering and evaluating learning activities and events that that foster continuous improvement and innovation in professional and organizational development. Emphasis is on behavior change and soft skills development, as well as an ability to integrate learning into the broader issues of individual and organizational performance. Please note that this position is based out of the EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, MD.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Designs curricula, using creative, innovative and evidence-based approaches.
- Develops dynamic, experiential learning session designs including macro designs based on client content, micro designs and training scripts.
- Works with subject-matter experts to develop learning programs.
- Works with clients to conduct assessments including research, focus groups, document reviews and telephone interviews.
- Develops course content for virtual learning programs.
- Facilitates face-to-face workshops and conducts training sessions.
- Facilitates group process, strategy and learning sessions.
- Contributes expertise and innovative approaches; brings leading-edge thinking, methodologies and approaches to training, learning and leadership development programs.
- Manages various learning programs
- Manages training projects from design to implementation, including scope, budget, timeline and quality assurance for assigned training activities.
- Effectively communicates training project deliverables to client, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Commissions and manages additional internal or external resources as required in order to ensure cost-effective delivery of development initiatives.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree and six years’ experience or PhD and four years’ experience. Degree in Education, Organizational Development, Public Health or related field.
Experience and Skills
- Extensive experience in designing and facilitating interactive learning experiences and designing curricula based on experiential, adult-centered learning, and using blended learning and innovative technologies.
- Knowledge of the principles of learning including adult learning, learning styles, participatory methods, instructional design, Appreciative Inquiry, whole systems design, e-learning and related topics.
- Exceptional presentation, communication (verbal and written), facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Proven ability to bring about change and manage processes.
- Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Ability to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Certifications in facilitation, organizational development and/or coaching preferable.
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 10 lbs.
- Ability to travel, including internationally, approximately twice per year for up to two weeks at a time.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.