Senior Legal Expert Consultants
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI)
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. The SACCI project provides support to Ukraine’s key corruption prevention institution - the National Agency for Prevention Corruption (NAPC). SACCI assists the NAPC with strengthening institutional capacity and the capacity to implement core functions. Currently NACP needs additional in-depth legal support in researching and forming legal positions in particular aspects of its mandate.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
SACCI is seeking Senior Legal Consultants who will join the team of legal experts who will assist NACP with in-depth research and legal analysis of the core corruption prevention issues such as financial control, liability for corruption and corruption related offenses and corruption prevention tools. The Consultants, under significant time constraints and a firm deadline, will conduct research and provide advice and recommendations on the above-mentioned issues from the point of view of obligations and recommendations of/for Ukraine under international treaties with international organizations such as GRECO, the IMF and the European Court of Human Rights as well as from the point of view of established legal norms in Ukraine. Expected level of effort is up to 15 expert days between October 1, 2020 and October 30, 2020.This is a short term technical assistance (STTA) position.
· Research and synthesize international obligations of Ukraine on issues of corruption prevention and provide a report and legal reads as requested by the NACP strictly following an established deadline
· Identify, research and synthesize European Court on Human Rights practices related to application of legal mechanisms and tools of corruption prevention and provide a report within the guidelines of NACP’s request and established deadline
· Research and synthesize legal practice of Ukrainian courts including the Constitutional Court of Ukraine and provide a report within the guidelines of NACP’s request and established deadline
· Form a legal opinion and interpretation of specific issues of corruption prevention legal mechanisms and tools identified by the NACP and provide a report within the guidelines of NACP’s request and established deadline
· Provide regular updates for SACCI on progress of the implementation of tasks
· Provide assistance in other relevant areas and activities upon SACCI request
· Masters degree in related field required; PhD degree in Law preferred
· A minimum 10 years of experience in legal consulting and/or research in anti-corruption sphere including but not limited to the issues of financial control and criminal liability for corruption offences;
· A minimum 5 years of experience in consulting international technical assistance projects on legal issues
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under stress and meet strict deadlines
· Fluency in Ukrainian, at least intermediate-level English language knowledge required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
*Deadline for applying for this position – 30 September 2020, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when applying for this position.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.