Job Title: Senior-Level Expert
Department/Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position
Overview: IBTCI seeks an experienced Senior-Level Expert for the anticipated Integration, Collaboration, Monitoring, and Evaluation (ICME) Activity. This is a long-term three (3) year position with the potential for a fourth year and will be based out of Mexico for the implementation of technical support for monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, and learning services for USAID/Mexico. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership management and general direction for the entire program and focusing on achieving the results defined in the task order.
- Serve as primary point of contact for day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Manage and oversee contractor designated activities.
- Provide vision, direction, leadership and management for the project.
- Serve concurrently as the technical director for all technical monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, and learning services.
- Act as the key liaison between USAID/Mexico and IBTCI.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner.
- Recommend appropriate program adjustments.
- Provide overall responsibility for ensuring quality control and responsiveness of all work provided under the contract, whether by key personnel, field supervisors, field monitors, long- or short-term advisors or others.
- Travel is essential, and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25% to 35% travel for project implementation and/or project management of business development initiatives. (Percentages may vary depending on IBTCI business needs).
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high-level of understanding of crime and violence prevention, rule of law, human rights, integrity and transparency, and sustainable landscapes in the Mexican context.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience managing complex projects with progressively responsible experience with project/program management, leadership in an intercultural team environment in a development context, supervision, staff development, and mentoring; and monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded, local government, or service delivery.
- In-depth knowledge in key political, social, and economic aspects of Mexico and ideally the US-Mexico border region.
- Strong project and portfolio management skills to integrate different components, analyses, and deliverables from different subcontractors.
- Excellent managerial, writing, and communications skills in order to develop excellent collaborative working relationships with staff, implementing partners, and other USG activities.
- A proven record of fostering partnerships and coordinating project implementation in a complex and dynamic political and international partner donor programming environment.
- Skills in monitoring, evaluating, third party monitoring, and effective management toward meeting project objectives; including evaluating sub-contractor and grantee activities through consultative meetings, site visits and reporting requirements; working out solutions to keep activities on track; and providing overall guidance and direction focusing the activity team on achieving agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Advanced data analysis and reporting skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish required.
Education: Advanced degree in a relevant social, economic, or administrative field.
Working Environment: Office environment and field work.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may include supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.