QED is seeking a Senior M&E Specialist to serve on the Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Project (USAID MEL). USAID MEL will contribute to 1) ensuring that USAID’s development programs in Jordan achieve their intended results through an efficient and effective mechanism; and 2) building the institutional capacity of local MEL firms to assuming increasing management responsibility of MEL awards. The project will also provide support services for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management, while ensuring sustainability through building the capacity of USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) staff as well as local stakeholders.
- The Senior M&E Specialist will design and implement performance and impact evaluations, cross‐sector evaluations, whole‐of‐project evaluations for activities across USAID/Jordan’s portfolio
- S/he will be responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations.
- S/he will oversee monitoring and evaluation, analyses, and assessments throughout the life of the project, including the data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques.
- S/he will also be responsible for the design, quality development and production of all data quality assessment reports, assist in the production of evaluations reports and any assessments, population based surveys and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses.
- S/he will be responsible for design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- S/he will also support the maintenance of the Mission’s PMP and the development and maintenance of implementing partners’ M&E Plans.
- Other responsibilities include assisting the Chief of Party with outreach and engagement with the private sector, universities, NGOs, the Government of Jordan and other donors, as required.
Minimum qualifications include:
- An advanced university degree in international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or another relevant field.
- 10 years of progressive responsibility working in M&E for USAID or other donor-funded development programs.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in designing and field testing surveys and other data collection instruments.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: democracy and governance; economic growth; health; or education. Please specify your main area(s) of interest.
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management.
- Demonstrated abilities in program/project results monitoring and reporting.
- Hands-on field survey design and implementation experience.
- Using online M&E databases to collect performance indicators.
- Conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluation reports.
- Strong organizational, writing, and communications skills.
- Experience working in Jordan or Middle East
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Success factors for the Senior M&E Specialists will be strong skills in strategic analysis, M&E, data collection and analysis, identifying trends in data, and the ability to write convincing findings and recommendations.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.