We are currently seeking a Senior M&E Specialist to support the five-year, $10-$24 Million USAID/Philippines Evidence-driven Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting Activity. The purpose of this activity is to bolster the capacity of the USAID/Philippines mission to effectively practice and lead collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), which has the broader goal of enhancing USAID’s development effectiveness. The activity will generate high-level monitoring, evaluation and research evidence in relation to the implementation of the USAID/Philippines 2019-2024 Country Development Cooperation Strategy. The activity will work with USAID staff to integrate intentional learning into USAID Philippines’ staff culture, systems and processes, including rigorous meta-analysis and dissemination of lessons learned and good practices inside and outside of USAID - particularly those that shed light on the U.S.-Philippines’ partnership and adaptive management requirements in the journey to self-reliance.
- Oversees and participates in all monitoring, evaluations, assessments and research throughout the life of the contract.
- Manages embedded indefinite quantity contract that will be used to carry out specific monitoring, evaluation and learning activities as requested by the mission, including but not limited to third- party monitoring requirements in NPE environments.
- Serves as the principal investigator for at least the majority of strategic evaluations and research implemented through this Contract.
- Design and develops field data validation plans and appropriate methodologies and instruments, and conducts and/or oversees corresponding data analysis.
- Conduct tests to examine data’s reliability and validity.
- Maintains strong networks with the local M&E community and ensures that all M&E designs and approaches employ rigorous methods and high-quality, state-of-the-art practices.
- Provide guidance and management for subcontractors, lower-level M&E specialists, data collectors, and any other technical specialists tasked with implementing monitoring, evaluation, assessments and research activities as part of this contract.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as international development, international affairs, monitoring and evaluation, social sciences.
- At least five (5) years’ experience implementing evaluations and research, with at least three major positions as the principal investigator.
- At least two (2) years’ experience conducting field monitoring in a developing country context.
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated expertise in analysis and positioning the use of monitoring, evaluation and research data for strategic decision-making.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of various learning and adaptive management approaches.
About the Organization
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in more than 90 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.