Nathan Associates seeks qualified candidates for a Senior Macroeconomist position within the company’s Economic Policy and Governance (EP&G) line of business based in our headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. The successful candidate will serve four primary functions: (1) provide thought leadership to EP&G; (2) identify new business development opportunities and help generate new business; (3) provide analytical or technical assistance support on existing economic development projects; and (4) supervise and mentor staff from the EP&G team. The successful candidate will collaborate with all Nathan staff across the different international development practices, including our offices in London, Delhi, and Chennai. This position requires intermittent international travel.
- Lead preparation of white papers, policy briefs, or thought pieces in an area pertinent to EP&G’s line of business.
- Serve as a panelist or presenter in external expert panels, seminars, or conferences.
- Liaise with current and potential clients and other stakeholders and showcase Nathan’s work in economic policy and governance.
- In collaboration with the EP&G Vice President and Nathan’s Business Development team, lead Nathan’s pursuit of specific opportunities with international development organizations, such as USAID, MCC, World Bank, DFID, and others.
- Conduct information and data gathering trips to formulate appropriate technical approach for anticipated Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Lead preparation of technical methodology for program implementation in response to RFPs.
- Serve as peer reviewer to ensure quality of technical proposals prepared by other staff.
- Develop/review marketing materials produced by EP&G staff.
- Conduct specific research or technical assistance activities in economic policy and analysis on existing Nathan projects on a short- or medium-term basis.
- Provide intermittent capacity building support to government agencies, private sector, civil society organizations, as well as client organizations.
- Serve as an in-house resource for brainstorming ideas and interventions with Nathan’s Chiefs of Party on existing projects.
- Respond to clients’ requests for concept proposals, methodological notes, or policy briefs on existing or potential projects.
- Demonstrate consistent, balanced project delegation, supervision and leadership skills across all areas of engagement.
- Supervise the work of and mentor junior and mid-level EP&G staff.
- Successfully work in a team environment, collaborate with Nathan experts, professionals from other firms, and client personnel to achieve engagement objectives.
- Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality, and integrity.
- Ph.D. in Economics, Public Policy, or related field, with at least 17 years of experience.
- Technical assistance and training experience in macroeconomic policy analysis, in areas such as macroeconomic policy, fiscal policy, and economic growth models.
- Strong analytic skills, ability to conceptualize research methodology or program design.
- Experience working in developing countries, with senior levels of government, private sector, or civil society organizations.
- Experience working on projects funded by international development organizations, such as USAID, MCC, World Bank, and DFID.
- Experience with business development in a consulting environment highly preferred.
- Desire and ability to manage processes and other staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Team leader/Chief of Party role on large development projects preferred.
- Proficiency in Arabic, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Spanish, or another pertinent foreign language a plus.
About the Organization
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence and with corporate offices in the US, London, and India and more than 40 program offices around the world, we offer the following five areas of expertise, honed since we opened our doors in 1946:
- International Development
- Infrastructure, Project Development & Finance
- Economic & Regulatory Consulting
- Litigation & Expert Services
- Advisory Services
For a close view of the company’s international and domestic projects please visit our related project listings and our international project websites http://www.nathaninc.com/services