Senior Malaria Advisor
IntraHealth International, Inc. is accepting applications from candidates interested in serving as Senior Malaria Advisor for the upcoming USAID Liberia Strategic Technical Assistance for Improved Health System Performance and Health Outcomes (STAIP) Activity. The STAIP Activity aims at improving health system performance and strengthen the delivery of primary maternal and child health, family planning and malaria services in public health facilities operating under the Ministry of Health for improved health outcomes.
Summary of role:
The Senior Malaria Advisor will provide overall technical and strategic leadership in developing strategies and supporting implementation and monitoring and evaluation of interventions to improve access to and delivery of high-quality malaria services at the clinic level. S/he will serve as the main point of contact for all technical malaria interventions aiming at improving malaria outcomes by providing technical advice and support, mentorship and supervision to project staff and partners, and counties and facilities supported by the STAIP Activity. Working with and aligning to the priorities of the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP), the Senior Malaria Advisor will plan and coordinate project activities in close collaboration with relevant MoH units and divisions, county management teams, districts, partners and health facilities to improve malaria service delivery. S/he will ensure that the project and NMCP implement malaria control activities within a health system strengthening approach. S/he will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will supervise a team of technical staff.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to the project on strategic and efficient design and implementation of high-quality malaria services, focusing on clinic level while also ensuring needed links and referrals between community and facility services.
- Provide leadership, strategic and technical direction and oversight to a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- Provide input into the development of project-wide strategies and implementation plans to address service quality issues.
- Provide timely and adequate technical support to central MOH and county and district health teams to strengthen service delivery and improve access to and use of priority malaria interventions, including development of tools and processes to guide service quality and optimize performance of health workers.
- Participate in the preparation and execution of the Joint Integrated Supportive Supervision activities and the review the results to ensure appropriate actions plan are implemented to fill gaps related to malaria service delivery.
- In collaboration with the M&E team, review, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of malaria activities and use data to lead the design of improvements that will ensure the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Assist project staff and MOH counterparts to document lessons learned, conduct operations research and to disseminate project results.
- Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Clinical Medicine with a Master’s degree in public health
- Minimum 10 years’ progressively responsible experience in malaria, maternal, child health, health systems strengthening or other related field
- Extensive knowledge and experience in malaria prevention and control
- Demonstrated experience in developing institutional capacity in government institutions in Liberia or similar context
- In depth knowledge of malaria and public health principles with proven technical skills in malaria, including malaria case management
- Experience working with Ministries of Health on policy and strategy formulation at national and subnational levels
- Experience training and or coaching health workers on malaria program areas
- Significant experience in project management, program coordination and sound negotiation skills with malaria partners
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in oral and written English
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1