Job DescriptionPosition Overview:
The Senior Manager will lead project management and guide technical implementation for select projects and subject matter areas. The Senior Manager will also work closely with the Director of Project Management in building and improving processes, knowledge management, and the capacity of IBI’s Project Management Unit (PMU). The Senior Manager will serve as a mentor and guide for more junior staff. The Senior Manager will also work on new business efforts, from technical proposals to reviewing costing practices to ensure feasibility. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, results-oriented, customer service-minded individual who is able to work well in a deadline-driven, multitasking environment.
Supervisor: Director of Project Management
Exemption Status: Full-time, exempt
Position Level: Senior Manager (mid level)
Travel: up to 30% per year; some travel at short notice and in excess of 2 weeks
Specific Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary point of contact for clients and project field leaders with respect to the technical and administrative implementation of select IBI contracts. The Senior Manager should be ready to serve as acting COP if
- Serve as a technical specialist, as appropriate, on billable assignments under IBI’s
- Review complex contracts, subcontracts, and other documentation as
- Contribute to the firm’s audit readiness through systematic record retention in compliance with IBI’s corporate policy and procedures and all applicable USAID
- Improve and update systems for tracking technical and financial aspects of project implementation, such as budget monitoring and financial reporting, technical deliverables, and record
- In conjunction with IBI’s finance unit, facilitate the preparation, submission, review and payment of invoices.
- Capacity building of IBI junior staff, especially in project management areas
- Recruitment of long-term and short-term staff for new and existing IBI projects
- Contribute to new business development through research, technical writing, and costing activities
- Other duties as needed in support of IBI’s corporate
- Required: BSc in International Development, Project Management, Business Management, or related field; or a minimum of 8 years of direct USAID project management experience
- Required: A minimum of 7 years of experience as a program manager or equivalent position for donor-funded international development projects, preferably USAID funded
- Required: Direct project management experience with implementing at least one new field program from the US or Field. (Start-up)
- Required: Ability to travel up to 30%; sometimes on short notice, and in some cases in excess of two weeks per
- Required: A basic working knowledge of the FAR or similar government regulations governing USAID funded programs through contracts or
- Required: Experience managing and tracking project financial
- Required: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Required: Must be legally authorized to work in the US long term, and be able to work full-time at our home office in Arlington, VA. IBI will not provide work visa sponsorship for this position.
- Preferred: Working knowledge of Office 365 platforms
- Preferred: Proficiency in a second language such as Arabic, French, Spanish or Tetum a plus
- Preferred: Experience working on projects in one or more of the following areas: trade facilitation including customs modernization, economic growth, organizational development, business enabling environment reform, or commercial law
This job description is no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
IBI employees work in positions that require a strong commitment to ethics and integrity. As a condition of employment with IBI, final candidates will be subject to a pre-employment screening. The pre-employment screening will be conducted in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and, based on the requirements of the position; duties may include a credit check, criminal background check, education verification, previous employment verification, and reference checks.
IBI employment offers are contingent on a satisfactory background check.
IBI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
IBI is an international economic development consulting firm whose primary client is the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Our core belief, that the best way to improve peoples’ lives is through economic growth, is reflected in our corporate philosophy of “Global Insights – Local Solutions” – a commitment to providing top-notch technical expertise adapted to each specific context. Now celebrating over 23 years of operations, IBI is headquartered in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia.