The Senior Manager, Contracts & Compliance will provide oversight to grants, subawards to ensure compliance with USAID, USDA and other donor regulations. This position is responsible for directly and indirectly leading US-based and field project staff. This position is heavily involved in contract negotiations with donors and partners and shall participate in every element of contracting with donors including proposal submission, contract analysis, program management and sub contracting. The Senior Manager serves as the subject matter expert on all government and donor compliance matters including federal regulations, (e.g. FAR, AIDAR). This position may require up to 20% international travel.
- Lead and manage the V37 contracts and compliance function.
- Draft and fully execute sub award agreements as well as service agreement contracts, ensuring all agreements comply with donor rules and regulations and contain the necessary performance metrics needed for operations to effectively manage the sub.
- Maintain the grants management system as a super user of the grants management system.
- Provide training to worldwide staff who use the system.
- Serve as lead negotiator in finalizing all Prime Funded Agreements.
- Provide direct oversight to two HQ-based reports as well as indirect oversight to the worldwide grants managers in the field as well as the compliance team in HQ.
- Stay current with US Government regulations and ensure that our policies and procedures are continually updated.
- Train field staff on LOL Venture37 field operations policies and procedures relating to procurement and sub awards.
- Research federal regulations and for determining operational methods for compliance with federal regulations. Serve as the subject matter expert on all matters of donor compliance.
- Develop robust management plans for inclusion in submitted proposals. Participate in the development of new proposals in roles such as lead writer, lead researcher, compliance review, or operational review.
- Serve in a program management role on existing projects, supporting COP and field staff on the implementation of the project.
- Maintain contracting mechanisms for V37 with annual revenue of over $20 million and subcontractor billings in excess of $6 million.
- Develop subcontracting and consulting agreement processes to manage over 100 agreements per year
Required Skills and Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of contracts & compliance experience related to donor regulations, including FAR, AIDAR, 2 CFR 200, etc.
- 5 or more years of senior-level work experience managing grants
- Previous direct supervisory experience of contracts and compliance staff
- Demonstrated experience organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge of financing mechanisms - contracts and grants and their relevant terms and conditions
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships internally and externally, where necessary.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Proficiency in writing and editing letters, reports and documents
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop capacities of staff
- Basic financial analysis skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience with USAID, USDA or international development programming and practices
- Experience working on an automated grants management system
- Experience working with non USG donors
About the Organization
Land O’Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening local agriculture, helping agribusinesses create jobs and linking farmers to markets. Since 1981, it has implemented over 315 integrated dairy, livestock and crops development programs in nearly 80 countries — creating lasting impact by linking farmers, businesses, and the public and private sector in local and global contexts. Land O’Lakes Venture37’s long-standing affiliation with Land O’Lakes, Inc. sets it apart. Land O’Lakes, Inc. is one of America’s largest farmer-owned cooperatives. It supports Land O’Lakes Venture37 project implementation with nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights and technologies. This gives Land O’Lakes Venture37 development projects a unique global view of agriculture, food and the power of well-functioning market systems. Land O’Lakes, Inc. supports these efforts as part of its enterprise purpose of Feeding Human Progress at home and around the world.