IESC is seeking candidates for a Human Resources Senior Manager position. Based in the Washington, DC headquarters of IESC, the HR Senior Manager will be responsible for leading organizational personnel activities, advancing HR best practices for the organization, administering benefits and recruiting and onboarding headquarters staff. The HR Senior Manager will also be responsible for managing personnel compliance, performance management and trainings for headquarters staff, as well establishing policy and providing guidance in these areas for staff in IESC overseas offices.
The successful candidate will seek to develop an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, engagement, quality, productivity, and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Human Resources Senior Manager coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs; reports to the Vice President of Operations; and assists and advises IESC senior management regarding Human Resources issues. The Human Resources Senior Manager will also:
- Manage and lead organizational development related to HR;
- Provide tools and guidelines to support and implement policies and procedures, domestic and international employment agreements, field office employee manuals, benefit summaries and compensation guidelines;
- Help to successfully recruit, onboard and retain employees at all levels;
- Refine and implement a training, mentoring and professional development plan for US headquarters staff and provide support and guidance to coordinate overseas staff training needs;
- Provide reliable and timely advice related to employment issues and any employee relations issues, for all IESC offices;
- Provide HR guidance during the new business process for proposals and proposal budgets;
- Ensure compliance with U.S. and international labor laws, supporting audits as necessary;
- Manage the performance management process and facilitate improvement of performance management systems and training for domestic and international staff;
- Manage compensation and benefits administration, including 401(K);
- Manage employee safety, welfare, wellness and health programs;
- Administer the annual employee engagement survey and work with management to encourage employee engagement;
- Other HR related tasks and initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience;
- At least 3 years of human resources and/or recruiting experience in the international development industry
- Familiarity with US government rules, regulations and allowances;
- Experience working for USAID implementing nonprofit or for-profit organizations preferred;
- Superior communications skills, verbal and written;
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills as well as strong organizational skills and initiative;
- Exposure to interviewing techniques;
- Knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment;
- Advanced computer knowledge (MS Office applications, including Word and Excel);
- Fluency in English required.
Applicants must have US citizenship or an authorization to work in the US. IESC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply please click below.
About the Organization
The International Executive Service Corps is a Washington, DC-based non-profit organization with a focus on private sector growth. We support and catalyze the development of private enterprises, business support organizations, financial institutions, and public institutions. For nearly 50 years, IESC has been promoting stability and prosperity through private enterprise development. We design, implement, manage and evaluate economic growth programs under contracts and cooperative agreements with organizations like the U.S. Agency for International Development, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the U.S. Department of State as well as for private companies and foreign governments. To ensure sustainable employment opportunities, generate increases in sales, and facilitate economic growth, we provide an array of services through each of our five practice areas: - Trade and Enterprise - ICT and Applied Technologies - Financial Services - Tourism - Public Sector and Business Enabling Environment Over the years, we’ve implemented more than 25,000 short-term projects and 200 programs in 130 countries.True to our mission— Promoting Prosperity and Stability through Private Enterprise — we’re proud to have created more than one million jobs all across the globe.