Job DescriptionRTI has opened a branch office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, focused on innovation-led economic growth and strengthening health care systems in the region, and currently seeking for highly qualified Malaysian candidates to fill the position of:
Senior Manager, Innovation
S/he will support the Managing Director in leading the Innovation practice area for RTI MY in three primary areas.
RTI•s Innovation Ecosystems practice in Malaysia is focused on a •systems level• view of innovation.• This is an important distinction from other types of innovation such as ideation and creativity. We are looking for qualified candidates who understand the interplay between industry, government, academia and entrepreneurship and how these affect innovation driven economic growth.
The following key results areas and tasks are related to the Innovation stream for RTI International, Malaysia. Please note that this list of tasks under each key results area is not exhaustive and may be revised according to business needs.
Key Results Area 1: Achievement of goals in business development and stakeholder relationships
- Scan and advise on market trends, government regulations and developments, new technologies and service offerings as well as opportunity areas in the Innovation sector
- Develop, update and maintain target potential clients and stakeholder lists, including prioritization based on target sectors and priorities identified
- Manage pipeline on Innovation projects, including pursuing and closing opportunities identified, regularly updating on progress, potential roadblocks and actively seeking to resolve issues to enable a healthy pipeline and flow of projects
- Manage client and stakeholder relationships, liaising with home office, seeking feedback were required, organizing meetings and communication sessions where required
- Actively involved in formulating and coordinating proposals together with subject matter experts where applicable
Key Results Area 2: Execution of brand building initiatives
- Works with relevant home office leads, consultants and other service providers in ensuring marketing materials content and messaging for the Innovation practice of RTI MY achieves intended objectives
- Ensures messaging is in line with the strategic direction of RTI MY and RTI globally
- Participates and assists in execution of media engagements, thought leadership formulation, social media strategies and other brand building activities
Key Results Area 3: Efficient and effective project management
- Ensures achievement of project goals via management of deliverables, timelines and project coordination between client, home office leads, technical experts and partners where applicable
- Regular reporting on project progress, roadblocks, KPIs, billing and action steps to resolve issues in a timely and effective manner
- Timely and effective on-site management of clients and relevant stakeholders
Requirements: At least a bachelor•s degree, preferably in technical, economics or public policy related field, with 8-10 years working experience; Knowledge and experience in the innovation ecosystem in Malaysia, including private and public sector stakeholders, and ideally has established relationships with these stakeholders; Proven track record in project management of multiple projects, in facilitation, stakeholder engagement and managing multiple parties for results; Ability to engage with leadership levels of key stakeholders independently; Organizational awareness and the ability to strategize for business development; Communication skills and team management; Excellent spoken and written English, and fluent in Bahasa Malaysia; Ability to travel as needed; Previous experience in professional consulting and advisory services preferred.
To Apply: Qualified candidates are invited to apply to HR-Indo@rti-indomd.rti.org by October 22, 2017. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development