Based in Washington DC/ US Remote Eligible
The Senior Manager, International Taz will support and lead PSI through its tax compliance requirements both US and multiple international jurisdiction tax issues from a corporate, payroll and transfer pricing perspective. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and often work independently with outside legal and tax advisors.
- Lead PSI global in understanding tax obligations and strategies for managing tax risk. Maintain and manage the process to ensure compliance with both US and international tax reporting obligations for all financially consolidated PSI entities, including identifying, developing and incorporating appropriate tax planning opportunities to minimize income tax liabilities.
- Manage and coordinate PSI’s transfer pricing agreements, ensuring benchmarking exercises and local jurisdiction approvals are maintained. Coordinate with PSI headquarters Finance team and local country office teams to ensure intercompany transfer pricing invoicing is performed timely and in accordance with agreements and requirements.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with international payroll and social taxes for international staff and remote workers. Design and administer international staff policies related to payment of assignment-related payroll and social taxes. Ensure assignment-related payroll and social taxes for international staff are appropriately and accurately reflected in donor budgets and realignments.
- Support and advise local country management and finance teams on local tax audits related to corporate income tax, transfer pricing, and/or international staff payroll and social taxes and liaise with PSI headquarters management and other stakeholders to develop a recommended approach.
- Maintain tax technical competency and keep abreast of developments and changes in the jurisdictions in which PSI operations, both in the US and overseas.
- Address tax aspects of financial statement presentation at year end including a comprehensive tax risk summary for audit compliance.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) in Taxation, CPA, LLM in Taxation or JD required.
- At least 10 years of related work experience.
- Experience in tax consulting and/or tax compliance with corporates or public accounting.
- Experience in international tax issues and transfer pricing required.
- Excellent communicator of tax and financial issues in a clear manner to non-finance teams, both written and oral.
- Ability to develop rapport and working relationships across the organization and with third party advisors.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.
About the Organization
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.