Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is seeking a Senior Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management who will have the overall responsibility for overseeing knowledge management, research, monitoring and evaluation components of the HSS project. The candidate will provide technical assistance to strengthen and ensure the quality of evaluation strategies, monitoring reports and other technical documents and work towards increasing data demand and use for strategic decision-making in the health sector.
This position will be based in Monrovia and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium Group.
Monitoring and Evaluation
* Develop Performance Monitoring Plans, Collaborative Learning and Adaptive management (CLA) plans, or other results frameworks for the project. Work with project and operations teams to ascertain research and data needs, including identifying key performance indicators (KPIs);
* Assist with the design and establishment of project monitoring and evaluation systems to collect the appropriate information needed for program design, effective internal management, and periodic and ad hoc reporting to USAID and internally
* Provide oversight and ensure the development of and enhancements to M&E systems and adherence to developed protocols and data quality standards for internal quality control
* Oversee and manage the project’s M&E Associate in the collection of data and entry into relevant reporting sites. Ensure the accuracy of data and assist in producing reports from databases
* Provide oversight and training as needed to support project activities focused on M&E, including support to the Ministry of Health and local project partners, including identifying areas for improvement and strengthening of project-supported M&E processes and existing tools
* Lead the process of collecting and preparing data for monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to USAID
* Lead the design and application of instruments and methods for collecting relevant data. Includes the implementation of quantitative and qualitative research related to health, information systems and/or data use, including study protocol, questionnaire development, consent forms, ethics review applications, data analysis and presentation of findings in multiple communication formats;
* Draft or contribute to project reports and presentations on program activities as requested
* In coordination with project staff, contribute to the design and implementation of the project’s knowledge management strategy
* Lead data use activities that include applying assessment tools, designing qualitative case studies, implementing capacity building strategies and providing training, assisting with data analysis and presentation, developing data-informed action plans and other technical assistance as requested;
* Develop innovative approaches to visualize data in ways that meet the information needs of targeted data users within a health system as well as for other government ministries;
* Be responsible to staff to routinely develop KM products
* Promote and build capacity to develop high quality knowledge, information and standard documents maintained in the project’s knowledge management repositories
* Assist with development of journal articles using project data
* Help identify arenas to promote and share project experiences and promote dissemination of project activities and accomplishments
This individual will report to the Deputy Chief of Party of the project. The Senior M&E/KM Manager works closely with the DCOP and technical staff and experts to provide M&E support and guidance to the project team. The work may also require close collaboration with and technical oversight of key M&E subcontractors, consultants and other partners and stakeholders.
* Post graduate degree in social science, public health, international development, public policy, or related field
* Familiarity with USAID-supported projects monitoring and evaluation approaches
* At least 8 years of experience in M&E in international health and/or other social sectors required
* Experience in monitoring and evaluating activities in health finance, governance, human resources for health and/or public-private partnerships (PPPs) desirable
* Strong organizational and administrative skills with high capacity for attention to detail required
* Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research, SPSS and/or Stata)
* Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Experience overseeing M&E technical subcontractors and/or consultants a plus
* Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make presentations to an audience, either written or oral, in a clear and concise manner
* Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with diverse cultural and professional staff members
* Liberian nationals preferred
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.