Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Senior Manager Program Operations - Cambodia position. This individual will provide leadership and direction to HFHIC’s programs and ensuring compliance with relevant industry, governmental and HFHI standards and best practices.
As a member of the senior management team, the role holder plays a vital role in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to operational problem-solving. He/she will also support the development and maintenance of the organizational culture that reflects the comprehensive programming operations, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity, and innovation, and drive staff to deliver outstanding results. This position will be based in Cambodia.
Leadership and Management of the Country Programs
- Establish, improve and maintain active and regular working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to pursue collaborative planning and mutually agreed on objectives toward the quality management of the program.
- Support the implementation of HFHC’s strategic plan through development of Program and Operations business plan and leading the annual operating plan and budget process.
- Ensure programs are implemented in ways responsive to the communities, and people in housing need, ensuring compliance with HFHI’s principles, values, procedures and standards.
- Ensure proper budget monitoring for expenditures for country programs.
- Collaborate with Resource Development department on proposal development and donor reporting.
- Ensure adequate staffing capacity and capability within the department.
- Manage the performance of all staff in the department, including staff development and results-based performance management.
- Lead, inspire and motivate program staff, fostering a culture of accountability, stewardship, learning, collaboration and teamwork.
Innovation and Business Processes
- Brainstorm with internal and external stakeholders to formulate effective new ideas and innovative strategies for product development, project & program development, or partnership opportunities, in alignment with the Strategy and Business Planning (SBP).
- Ensure timely progress of innovation and its implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields such as International Development or International Relations or Management or Social Development ; post graduate degree in above fields is preferred.
- At least 7 years leadership and management experience in a corporate or an international NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running development programs, or equivalent.
- Has significant experience in operations and project management.
- Extensive technical experience of at least three (3) of the sectoral programs, such as, Affordable Housing, Housing Finance and Market Development, WASH, Disaster Risk Reduction, Land and Housing Policy is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to operationalize strategic initiatives into annual operating plans and present new ideas, approaches and insights.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people representing various backgrounds, levels of training, and career stages.
- Solid project management skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Active networker, experienced negotiator; demonstrated capacity to influence people.
- Ability to creatively solve problems, including quick and sound decision making.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in MS application (MS Office, incl. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer).
- Experience working in Cambodia or in the Asia Pacific, preferred but not a must.
PLEASE NOTE, THAT THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY WILL BE THURSDAY, MARCH 15TH.
About the Organization
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. HFHI has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, Georgia, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and the Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and the Caribbean work, and Bratislava, Slovakia, for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.