The Practice Senior Manager, Project Operations serves as fulcrum of the project operations and corporate support teams as leadership of the Project Operations team within the assigned portfolio. The specific purpose of the position is to manage implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver the Practice’s projects in accordance with contractual obligations, Company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations.
Corporate Operations Support
* In collaboration with the Director, Project Operations provide a focal point for training and guidance to the Practice’s operations staff and ensure compliance with company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations;
* Manage and mentor Project Operations teams at HQ and in the field;
* Coordinate the development and presentation of the Practice’s internal and external reporting (for example: Health Checks, Monthly Management Reports (MMRs), quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose;
* In collaboration with Contracts and Compliance department, conduct frequent compliance checks on processes and internal controls;
* Lead Practice responses to projects’ specific audit requests and deliver assistance with Partnership corporate audits;
* Collaborate with Financial Management department to ensure accuracy of forecasts and ERP system data
* Ensure that Corporate policies and procedures are adhered to and escalate cases of non-compliance to the appropriate authorities;
* Develop and maintain training materials and work-plans in support of Project Management Units and corporate support;
* Provide strategic leadership to operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders;
* Serve as the primary liaison between the Practice and shared corporate services (Contracts and Compliance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Financial Management, and Accounting);
* Oversee Project Operations team in support of corporate registration in-country and ensure all legal, operational and financial requirements are met and maintained for the entity and project in close collaboration with Contracts and Compliance department;
* In collaboration with Project Directors and Chiefs of Party ensure that Practice’s projects maintain risk registers and that issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated
* Serve as a point of contact for Financial Management queries and address finance queries as required;
* Provide Practice level oversight to ensure that company policies, SOPs and Guidelines for financial management are implemented and are compliant with the client’s rules and regulations;
* Establish Practice levels of delegated authority in accordance with Company policy and manage the process for higher-level approvals as required;
* Ensure accuracy of financial data reported from the field staff, following the established internal controls process;
* Monitor field vouchers to ensure that processes are completed and that issues are resolved in accordance with the requisite reporting deadlines;
* Manage the external audit process and ensure retention of project records is compliance with company policy
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
* Manage the Practice’s Operations resources planning, recruitment and contracting. Coordinate inputs and support from the Company’s HR and Talent Acquisition teams;
* Validate accuracy of ERP HR data;
* In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to
Contract Administration and Compliance
* Serve as a point of contact for Contracts and Compliance queries and address contractual matters in coordination with Contracts and Compliance;
* Ensure compliance with Client’s rules and regulations pertaining to approvals, due diligence, record retention and other contractual requirements;
* Ensure compliance with the Company Code of Conduct and Ethics Program by the Practice Area;
* Support development of project subcontractor/ grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations;
* Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with Company anti-corruption and due diligence processes
Business Development/ Other
* Participate in capture planning, leading on operational requirements, including but not limited to the requirements for company registration and banking arrangements;
* Assist pricing team with collection of quotes and cost analysis
* Master’s degree in Business Administration, equivalent degree finance, accounting, or closely related field, or relevant project management experience.
* A minimum of 12 years relevant work experience.
* A minimum of 8 years project management experience with US Government (CDC, Department of State, USAID, etc.) or other donor clients
* A minimum of 6 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
* Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.