The Practice Senior Manager, Project Operations serves as fulcrum of the project operations and corporate support teams as leadership of the Project Operations team within the assigned portfolio. This position is responsible under the leadership of the Director, Project Operations for the management and delivery of a practice’s projects and support of the corporate operations function for U.S.-based projects. The specific purpose of the position is to manage implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial and compliance activities to deliver the Practice’s projects in accordance with contractual obligations, Company policies, Group Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Guidelines and client rules and regulations. U.S. citizenship or authorization to legally work in the United States is required.
Corporate Operations Support
* In collaboration with the Director, Project Operations provide a focal point for training and guidance to the Practice’s operations staff and ensure compliance with company policies, SOPs and Guidelines and client rules and regulations;
* Manage and mentor Project Operations teams at HQ and in the field;
* Coordinate the development and presentation of the Practice’s internal and external reporting (for example: Health Checks, Monthly Management Reports (MMRs), quarterly Internal Project Reviews (IPRs), project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables) and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose;
* In collaboration with Contracts and Compliance department, conduct frequent compliance checks on processes and internal controls;
* Lead Practice responses to projects’ specific audit requests and deliver assistance with Partnership corporate audits;
* Collaborate with Financial Management department to ensure accuracy of forecasts and ERP system data;
* Collaborate with Practice and Project Leadership and project operations staff to identify and manage resources to help projects meet their goals, deliverables, and milestones;
* Collaborate with Human Resources department on field and project people-related matters and concerns;
* Spearhead corporate implementation projects as required; and
* Assist with any other tasks as assigned by the Director, Project Operations.
* Ensure that Corporate policies and procedures are adhered to and escalate cases of non-compliance to the appropriate authorities;
* Develop and maintain training materials and work-plans in support of Project Management Units and corporate support;
* Provide strategic leadership to operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders;
* Serve as the primary liaison between the Practice and shared corporate services (Contracts and Compliance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Financial Management, and Accounting);
* Oversee Project Operations team in support of corporate registration in-country and ensure all legal, operational and financial requirements are met and maintained for the entity and project in close collaboration with Contracts and Compliance department;
* Review operations group and project work plans and provide guidance to support Project Operations inputs;
* In collaboration with Project Directors and Chiefs of Party ensure that Practice’s projects maintain risk registers and that issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated;
* Escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required; and
* Support project advocacy with internal and external stakeholders.
* Serve as a point of contact for Financial Management queries and address finance queries as required;
* Provide Practice level oversight to ensure that company policies, SOPs and Guidelines for financial management are implemented and are compliant with the client’s rules and regulations;
* Establish Practice levels of delegated authority in accordance with Company policy and manage the process for higher-level approvals as required;
* Ensure the Practice’s projects adhere to the appropriate financial calendar;
* Ensure accuracy of financial forecasts and reports;
* Ensure accuracy of financial data reported from the field staff, following the established internal controls process;
* Monitor field vouchers to ensure that processes are completed and that issues are resolved in accordance with the requisite reporting deadlines;
* Monitor, reconcile and report expense advances monthly;
* Monitor Practice Accounts Receivable and assist with recovery efforts;
* Support the planning and coordination of inputs from the Company’s Security, Risk and Internal Audit/System Review teams; and
* Manage the external audit process and ensure retention of project records is compliance with company policy.
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
* Manage the Practice’s Operations resources planning, recruitment and contracting. Coordinate inputs and support from the Company’s HR and Talent Acquisition teams;
* Validate accuracy of ERP HR data;
* In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to; and
* In collaboration with HR, ensure staff performance management systems are in place and adhered to.
Contract Administration and Compliance
* Serve as a point of contact for Contracts and Compliance queries and address contractual matters in coordination with Contracts and Compliance;
* Ensure compliance with Client’s rules and regulations pertaining to approvals, due diligence, record retention and other contractual requirements;
* Ensure compliance with the Company Code of Conduct and Ethics Program by the Practice Area;
* Support development of project subcontractor / grant management procedures compliant with the company’s SOPs and Guidelines and client’s rules and regulations;
* Review field office leases in collaboration with Contracts and Compliance department;
* Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with Company anti-corruption and due diligence processes; and
* Ensure asset management procedures are undertaken and conduct spot checks.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.