The Senior Manager, Strategic Communications and Marketing is responsible for leading the development of strategic communications programs for Palladium’s Americas Partnership and elevating the corporate profile of Palladium. The Senior Manager will be the point of contact for all regional stakeholders, including Practice Areas, Projects, and The Americas Partnership Unit. The incumbent will serve as the Palladium Americas Partnership spokesperson and will contribute to thought leadership and CSR programs, maintaining alignment and coordination with Global Marketing. The Senior Manager will be based in Palladium’s Washington, DC headquarters, reporting to the Managing Partners, Americas Partnership.
Role and Responsibilities
* Leads and executes the strategic development of communications programs and elevating the organization’s corporate profile among clients and potential clients (e.g. donors, U.S. Government Agencies, multinational corporations), in close collaboration with practice area leads, regional Managing Partners, country project teams and Palladium Global Leadership.
* Responsible for developing a consistent corporate brand messaging strategy for Palladium Americas Partnership clients that is reflected across all product and service programs, which is consistent with Palladium Corporate branding and strategic messaging initiatives.
* Develops, promotes, and disseminates communications key messages, materials and talking points, and manages the implementation across all communications channels (social media, marketing, public relations, media relations, and internal communications).
* Assists with strategic communication requirements for executives, including content development, presentation development, interview talking points, and speech writing (if needed).
* Serves as chief media strategist and company spokesperson for Americas business partnership; Responsible for identifying and building relationships with new and existing editors, reporters, producers, bloggers and tech analysts to increase media coverage.
* Drives editorial story planning, writing, and pitching to both domestic and international press, including all reporter follow-up efforts (fact-finding, quote development/approval, executive interview coordination, etc.). Uncover and exploit exposure opportunities with key media outlets.
* Monitors and analyzes industry trends and competitive landscape to adjust/enhance company positioning and messaging as required.
* Leads, develops, motivates, manages, and works with a high-performing team, including external designers/agencies, writers/editors, printers, and other vendors to meet strategic goals and business objectives while staying within budget.
* Supervises Associate for Internal Communications and Knowledge Management.
* Assists overseas projects and activities for Americas-based clients with their communications messaging and strategies, consistent with client branding and marketing requirements; may conduct or oversee billable assignments on request.
* Creates and implements training programs and information sessions for staff, including Partners and practice leads, to increase their communication skills and capabilities to external and internal audiences.
* Manages internal activities such as brown bag meetings and information sessions as part of internal communications efforts to increase staff knowledge of Americas Partnership and Global Palladium business goals and activities.
* Ensures regular review of analytics and evaluation of communications efforts to assess the impact of specific activities in achieving targeted objectives.
* 10+ years demonstrated leadership in communications, marketing, and/or public relations.
* Demonstrated experience in strategy and message development and implementation, public relations, brand development, content development, and writing, web and social media as well as traditional media.
* Experience providing creative and art direction to achieve corporate initiatives.
* Familiarity with international development issues preferred, including global health, economic growth, governance, agriculture and food security, and impact investing.
* Ability to travel to lower- and middle-income countries (limited travel).
* USAID and other US government agency communications experience preferred.
* Native English required. Spanish language skills preferred.
* Masters in communications, journalism, or marketing preferred.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.