Reports to: Chief Growth Officer
Location: Washington, DC or Seattle, WA
The global malaria fight is emerging as the biggest public health success story in a generation, and fighting malaria is ranked as one of the most cost-effective global health interventions. We are recruiting a group of dynamic individuals who can help MNM fulfill the next phase of its mission to end this disease within a generation.
Malaria No More is expanding its global impact through a creative growth strategy that seeks to expand its revenue base with new and diverse funding sources and partnerships, building the foundation for long-term success in new markets and programmatic areas (such as data, climate, and innovative financing for health). MNM is seeking a Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives to take a leadership role in executing this growth strategy, focusing on new market and programmatic areas that will help us achieve our mission impact and revenue growth targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, oversee and manage growth strategies for a portfolio of pilot projects, new programs and strategic partnerships
- Develop and execute all aspects of strategic initiatives to move ideas from exploration, to demonstration, to growth. Tasks will include research, marketing, partnership development and management, program design, fundraising, operations and budgeting
- Represent MNM externally to a diverse set of current international partners as well as new audiences and partners unfamiliar with MNM and the malaria elimination agenda
- Contribute to annual strategic planning process for the organization
- Tracks the malaria elimination agenda to identify strategic opportunities for accelerating progress that could be consistent with external trends, including market dynamics, innovations, donor trends, partnership opportunities to identify new areas to pursue to achieve organizational goals
- Works with “tiger teams” comprised of staff across MNM teams, programs and offices to develop strategies, identify innovations and models to replicate and scale, and ways to promote MNM’s capabilities and competitive advantage
- Work with teams to develop marketing and communication materials to achieve our strategic goals, including impact stories, marketing materials, abstracts, reports, and proposals
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of work experience, including at least 5 years of relevant experience in strategy, fundraising, or program development
- Experience with managing strategic projects, programs, initiatives for global organizations working in public health
- Demonstrated success in developing entrepreneurial strategies and meeting organizational growth goals
- Proven relationship building and partnership building with a network of global partners
- Knowledge of global health, passion for social impact, and enthusiasm for Malaria No More’s mission to end one of the world’s oldest and deadliest diseases within a generation
- Experience in one of these areas preferred: climate change, gender, health, private sector, innovation and technology, global advocacy and public health in malaria affected regions such as Africa and Asia
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Energetic, creative, and resourceful thinker willing to take strategic risks
- Excellent writing and research skills, including report writing
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with simultaneous ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at various levels
- US work authorization required.
MNM offers a competitive compensation package based upon previous experience. This is a full-time, exempt role and is eligible for MNM’s comprehensive benefits package, including high-quality medical/dental/vision coverage, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 14 paid holidays, summer Friday flex time and paid parental leave, medical/dependent care/commuter FSAs, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, and a 401K plan with an employer safe harbor contribution.
Please email a concise cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered and your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives – Full Name”
No telephone calls please.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to applications received by February 14, 2020.
About the Organization
Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation.
MNM is a global organization with offices in Seattle, Washington, D.C., and India as well as two affiliate organizations in London and Tokyo.