Global Communities is seeking a Senior MEL Specialist for an anticipated, USAID-funded Household WASH program in Gaza. The three-year program will improve human health, environmental health and livelihoods in vulnerable communities by increasing access to facilities and services for safe domestic water and improved sanitation. Priorities include: 1) Providing durable solutions to vulnerable communities, such as the establishment, extension or rehabilitation of water distribution networks and sanitation systems at the household and neighborhood levels; and 2) Increasing emergency WASH preparedness interventions to mitigate and reduce rainwater and sewage flooding risks in vulnerable communities.
The Senior MEL Specialist will oversee the design and implementation of the program’s monitoring and evaluation system in accordance with USAID regulations and Global Communities’ standards. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Prepare an Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Plan, with appropriate indicators and an effective data collection system.
* Design a reporting system that provides insights to decision makers on activity performance and areas that require attention.
* Supervise the collection of quantitative and qualitative data, applying data quality standards and procedures and using scientific methods to ensure high quality of data.
* Oversee data analysis and reporting on achievements against set targets, highlighting emerging patterns and offering clear reports on findings and conclusions.
* Strengthen the skills of staff and program partners, including overseeing the monitoring and evaluation activities conducted by sub-grantees.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred;
* Five years of relevant monitoring and evaluation experience;
* Demonstrated knowledge of evaluation methodologies for WASH activities;
* Proven ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences;
* Demonstrated experience in successfully translating data and findings into activity recommendations;
* Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English;
* Full professional proficiency in spoken and written Modern Standard Arabic;
* Experience working in the West Bank and Gaza, and/or the region, is preferred.
This is a local position, and no allowances have been budgeted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.