LINC is seeking a Senior MEL Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activity in Jordan. The Jordan MEL Activity will strengthen MEL capacity within USAID Jordan, partners, and local firms, and support the M&E agenda of USAID Jordan by providing guidance, planning, technical assistance, and strategic communications for all new and existing programs as well as conducting sectoral and geographic evaluations to inform USAID Jordan programming. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity.
The Senior MEL Specialist will provide expert-level planning, oversight, and quality control for all project data collection, research, and reporting.
This is a full-time position contingent upon donor award.
- Leadership, design, and implementation of program MEL framework, mission guidance, and diverse evaluation stratagem;
- Provide expert-level oversight and quality control for all project data collection and research, including responsive design and adaptive management;
- Manage analysis, reporting, and impacts for all evaluations, including annual surveys, sectoral research and assessments, baseline, mid-line and end-line surveys, and other evaluations implemented during the course of the activity;
- Serve as a liaison/primary point of contact between USAID/Jordan and the evaluation team;
- Assist in producing MEL training materials and evaluating training indicators and impact for USAID/Jordan and local partner capacity-building;
- Supporting documentation and dissemination of key indicators, learning and best practices.
Skills and Qualifications
Successful candidates should have:
- A master’s degree in a strategic information-related area preferred, such as applied research, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, or a related field;
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience in design, implementation, and oversight of evaluation and research for international development projects;
- Demonstrated experience designing responsive data collection and analysis methods and results frameworks;
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with a broad spectrum of quantitative and qualitative research methods, tools, and techniques;
- Experience with population-based surveys and GIS/MIS data and processing a plus;
- Proficiency in Arabic preferred;
- Excellent collaboration, management, and communication skills;
- Prior experience working in Middle East and especially in Jordan strongly preferred.
Send resume / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title included in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for will be contacted. LINC LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
LINC is a US-based small business that assists local and international organizations to design effectively, increase institutional capacity, forge lasting partnerships, and measure impact. We have developed ground-breaking tools to map organizational networks, measure social capital, and leverage systems-based approaches to development. We understand the unique constraints local organizations face, and offer practical solutions via training, consulting services, research and advocacy. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local organizations in leading their own development increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. For more information on LINC, please visit: www.linclocal.org