Senior MEL Specialist – USAID/Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Activity
Kimetrica (www.kimetrica.com) seeks a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded, five-year (MEL) Activity in Jordan. This full-time position will help plan, manage, and execute flexible and adaptive systems designed to ensure USAID’s development programs in Jordan achieve their intended results. Building local capacity among local MEL firms is a project priority to ensure follow-on sustainability. Based in Amman, Jordan, the Senior MEL Specialist will provide expert-level technical and management support to ensure a fast, flexible, and demand-driven MEL. S/he will work closely with USAID staff and local partners on a range of activities, including evaluations, assessments and surveys, data analytics, strategic communication on MEL outputs, and local capacity development. All nationalities are encouraged to apply.
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party to implement MEL activities;
- Provide guidance and assistance on mid-term and final performance evaluations, impact evaluations, whole-of-project evaluations, and evaluation utilization, etc.;
- Support geographic, thematic, and sectoral assessments, sectoral surveys, and baseline analyses to inform Mission strategic planning, decision-making, and project implementation;
- Produce and/or contribute timely inputs toward quality reports and deliverables for final evaluations, assessments, and research reports; MEL training materials; information dissemination; and a capacity building plan;
- Support the implementation of the Mission’s Performance Management Plan(PMP), data management and analysis, local capacity building on MEL, etc.;
- Contribute to the improvement of Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) within USAID/Jordan to ensure interventions are coordinated, grounded in evidence, and adjusted as necessary to remain relevant and effective throughout implementation;
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to improve the performance monitoring capacities of Mission staff and Implementing Partners;
- Strengthen coordination, collaboration, and synergies within the Mission and with other key stakeholders regarding performance management, program interventions, MEL, and lessons learned;
- Help build the capacity of local MEL firms in Jordan and enable select local firms to become stronger, more strategically-focused entities that may become eligible to receive a direct award from USAID or other donors in the future; and
- Supervise the work of other Mid- and Senior-level MEL Specialists.
- Advanced degree in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field;
- At least ten years’ experience in managing research and performance management activities, including knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, and learning;
- Extensive experience in research design, data collection methods, and conducting advanced quantitative and qualitative data analysis for international development projects and programs;
- Proven ability to work on and lead performance evaluation (PE) and/or impact evaluation (IE) team(s);
- Strong statistical sampling background to provide hands-on IE oversight/support;
- Ability to synthesize and present complex concepts to a non-technical audience;
- Clear oral and written communications skills (in English);
- Excellent project management skills and team management skills;
- Prior experience with USAID activities and policies related to evaluation and performance management highly desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with different cultures;
- Prior experience managing projects in the Middle East, ideally in Jordan;
- Strong and demonstrated commitment to international development and capacity development; and
- Proficiency in Arabic a plus.
At Kimetrica, you will work alongside innovative thinkers at the forefront of developing new methods and technologies for humanitarian and development decision making. You will find a place where you can apply your skills to address some of the world’s most challenging problems, in an environment where intellectual curiosity forms a common thread among our technical and management teams. We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary Package:
- Health and Life Insurance: and
- Generous vacation (24-days per year), holiday, and sick leave.
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line of your email “Senior MEL Specialist: USAID/Jordan MEL.” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Kimetrica was established in 2006 by a group of former humanitarian workers with extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation, training and capacity development. To ensure global orientation, our management, technical, and administrative teams are multi-cultural and include staff and consultants from all over the world. Our ability to mobilize staff quickly is enabled by Kimetrica’s permanent offices in the US, Kenya, and Ethiopia, as well as the location of long-term core staff members in the Middle East, the United Kingdom, Bangladesh, and Mongolia. While Kimetrica is a small company, we bring a wealth of experience managing multi-country efforts in challenging operational environments all over the world. Everywhere we work, Kimetrica is able to mobilize staff quickly and provide high-quality technical and operational support to projects.