Senior MEL Specialist – USAID/Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Activity
Pillar Systems Corporation seeks to recruit a Senior MEL Specialist for an anticipated USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) activity in Jordan. The Jordan MEL Activity will provide fast, flexible, demand‐driven MEL support, guidance, and capacity development for USAID/Jordan, its implementing partners, (IPs) and local MEL businesses. This will include designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management to build the capacity of USAID, IPs, and local stakeholders. This is anticipated to be a five-year activity.
Roles and Requirements
The successful candidate will have experience utilizing mixed-method approaches to evaluations in the international context with USAID, the Department of State, or other donor agencies, ideally in the MENA region. This position is contingent upon award of funds.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation, analyses, and assessments of USAID projects, including data quality assessments, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques;
- Assist in the development of evaluations reports, assessments, surveys and studies. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and data collection methodologies for both performance and impact evaluations;
- Assist the Chief of Party with outreach and communication with USAID implementing partners, and USG and local government officials;
- Support the maintenance of the Mission’s Performance Monitoring Plan and the development and maintenance of implementing partners’ M&E plan;
- Advanced degree in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field;
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, and assessments, including evaluation methodologies, surveys, performance management plan development, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data quality verification techniques for large development projects;
- Must be knowledgeable of USAID evaluation policy;
- Familiar with Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Framework desirable;
- Excellent data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and use of statistical analysis software such as SPSS, STATA, etc.;
- Experience using online M&E databases to collect performance indicators;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point);
- Strong analytical, organizational, writing, and communications skills;
- Experience in technical report writing;
- Experience in Jordan or the region highly desirable;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.