Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Senior Migration Advisor position on an anticipated USAID funded program to reduce violence and irregular migration in Honduras.
Position Description/Summary: The position is full-time, resident in Honduras, and is contingent upon contract award. The Senior Migration Advisor will engage diverse actors in Honduras (civil society, private sector, and government entities) to reach a high volume of people with irregular migration prevention initiatives. Expected term of appointment is between three and five years.
* Design and implement high-impact irregular migration prevention strategies, emphasizing at-risk and vulnerable populations which strengthen resilience at the individual, family and community level.
* Liaise with relevant government entities, local community stakeholders, civil society, and the private sector to strengthen capacity of institutions providing services to populations at risk of irregular migration.
* Develop irregular migration prevention strategies based on consultation with potential, actual and returned migrants and data analysis to ensure that all project interventions respond to prevailing factors motivating irregular migration and are evidenced-based.
* Ensure that irregular migration prevention strategies adhere to principles of Do No Harm and the highest available standards of protection of migrants.
* Supervise creation of tools to assess motivations and risk of irregular migration.
* Build opportunities for learning and adaptation into irregular migration prevention strategies to maximize sensitivity to changing conditions affecting migration.
* Master’s degree in social work, psychology, law, public or business administration, or a related field.
* 7+ years of experience implementing evidence-based, demonstrably effective support of migrants and irregular migration prevention or mitigation strategies in support of at-risk youth, their parents and families, preferably in the Northern Triangle.
* Fluency in Spanish is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Three references
* Employee Biographical Data Sheet
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/SrMigrationAdvisorSEA
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.