Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks an experienced Senior Monitoring Advisor for the anticipated 5-year USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Activity to responsible for overall management of all third party monitoring activities. The MEL Activity will provide USAID/Bangladesh with monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build the capacity of USAID/Bangladesh staff, implementing partners and the Government of Bangladesh. The MEL Activity will serve as USAID/Bangladesh’s centralized performance management support mechanism.
This is a long-term position based in Dhaka, Bangladesh expected to start in January 2019. The position is contingent upon award and USAID approval.
- Overseeing all aspects of third party monitoring activities, such as:
- Planning and budgeting for each monitoring activity
- Identifying appropriate staffing levels
- Securing appropriate qualified staff
- Providing technical guidance
- Leading consultations with USAID/Bangladesh staff and implementing partners,
- Identifying and executing appropriate agreed upon methodology, field work, research, reporting and deliverables
- Master’s or higher degree in research methods, social science, development or a related field
- Minimum of twelve years of experience in the monitoring of international development projects, preferably in developing countries; project management; research methods; and project design
- Minimum of five years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing monitoring and verification systems, methods, and tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of international best practices in both qualitative study and quantitative survey design and implementation
- Experience and skills in leading and implementing monitoring methods and tools in third-party monitoring projects
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and report writing
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Capacity to manage activities in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions
- Fluency in English required
- Must be a legal resident of Bangladesh. S/he may be Bangladeshi or an expatriate already living in Bangladesh with a minimum of five years’ experience living and working in developing country
Only finalists will be contacted. Panagora is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.