Job Title: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Department/Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist for the Integration, Collaboration, Monitoring, and Evaluation (ICME) Activity. This is a long-term three (3) year position with the potential for a fourth year and will be based out of Mexico for the implementation of technical support for monitoring, evaluation, collaboration, and learning services for USAID/Mexico.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and evaluate the range of activities across sectors.
- Working knowledge/understanding of USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) framework.
- Oversee, recruit for, and participate in evaluations and assessments throughout the life of the task order.
- Ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this task order are of a high caliber and possess commensurate technical expertise.
- Ensure that evaluations, assessments, and other learning products under this task order result in high-quality, usable reports.
- Contribute substantively to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this task order.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstration of progressively responsible experience monitoring and evaluating complex donor-funded development programs, preferably including previous experience in the Mexico and the US-Mexico border region.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English and Spanish.
- Proven experience carrying out the full suite of monitoring activities, including reporting, site visits, pre and post surveys, verification studies, data quality assessments, geospatial information systems mapping, and other relevant techniques.
- Advanced data analysis and reporting skills
- Minimum seven (7) years of demonstrated experience carrying out analyses and assessments to inform design and management decisions and keep activities on track towards achieving targeted results and long-term strategic objectives.
- Strong project and portfolio Management skills needed to integrate different components, analyses, and deliverables from different subcontractors.
- Experience identifying, selecting, and monitoring project performance across different dimensions, including democracy and governance, economic growth, public financial management, environmental compliance, youth engagement, gender integration and inclusive development.
- A high-level of understanding of crime and violence prevention, rule of law, human rights, integrity and transparency, and sustainable landscapes in the Mexican context.
- Verbal and written fluency in English required.
- Advanced degree in a relevant social or administrative field required.
Working Environment: Office environment and field work.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisor Responsibility: This position may include supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel as required by the SOW.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.