Dexis is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for an anticipated five-year Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Project (MELP) in Jordan, funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Amman, Jordan. This Project will provide a range of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) services relevant to USAID/Jordan’s portfolio of programs which focuses on: economic growth, capacity building, democracy and governance, public service delivery, and gender equality and female empowerment.
Technical services provided under this contract are expected to include:
- Evaluation planning and implementation
- M&E Mission Training and Technical Assistance (TA)
- M&E Support for Implementing Partners
- Review/establish Baselines and Targets, including Surveys and Studies
- Strategic Communication and Strengthened Collaboration
- Support Design and Implementation of the Mission Performance Management Plan (PMP)
- Schedule/Conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs)
- Establish/Improve Mission-wide Geographical Information and/or Management Information Systems (GIS/MIS).
This Senior M&E Specialist will be responsible for leading and managing the technical work under this contract. Expected responsibilities include:
- Design and implement both performance and impact evaluations.
- Conduct M&E related trainings and technical assistance.
- Lead the review of strategy, project, or activity level M&E plans,
- Contribute to the design and field testing of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Design and ensure quality completion of all assessments and research reports.
- Ensure the short-term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract possess the required technical expertise and ensure quality deliverables.
- Serve as the evaluation team leader of select evaluations
- Conduct DQAs.
The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist should have:
- An advanced university degree in international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or other relevant field.
- At least ten years of experience at a senior level M&E position, preferably on USAID projects.
- Experience with indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with developing and refining Performance Management Plans (PMPs) and other M&E planning documents.
- Experience designing and managing performance and impact evaluations.
- Experience with developing and field testing surveys and other data collection instruments.
- Demonstrated ability to work on and lead an evaluation team.
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to M&E highly desirable.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.