Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
MSI is seeking a qualified French-speaker to fill a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist role on a project in West Africa. The project provides technical support and training to USAID mission staff and implementing partners to facilitate program management decisions, shape long-term strategic direction decisions, and perform high-quality performance monitoring and verification.
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for leading and managing the technical work related to performance monitoring, reporting directly to the Chief-of-Party. The Senior M&E Specialist will provide technical leadership inside and outside the project. This is a full-time position running through June of 2020.
- Provide technical assistance and training to USAID staff to design, improve and/or manage against the Mission’s and project-level performance management plans.
- Provide technical assistance and training to selected USAID implementing partners to design and/or improve their projects’ logical frameworks, monitoring and evaluation plans, and collection, management, analysis and reporting of performance data.
- Contribute substantively to the design and field testing of evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under this contract.
- Manage the data collection efforts of project staff and subcontractors, including ensuring the adequacy of data collection instruments, the feasibility of data collection plans, the timely collection of data (including surveys), and the quality of data collected, analyzed and reported to USAID mission.
- Provide support and oversight to performance monitoring staff and consultants assigned to undertake performance monitoring-related assignments.
- Responsible for the design, quality, development and completion of all assessments, analytical reports and evaluations. Review technical outputs in English and/or French.
- Ensure that all performance monitoring tasks are completed on time and are of high quality. Carry out additional tasks supporting project goals and objectives as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in international development, public policy, economics, statistics or other relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and similar research, preferably with USAID.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing staff and/or teams of consultants preferred.
- Experience in providing technical assistance and training in monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning and/or research methodologies.
- Experience in designing and field testing surveys and other instruments for collecting data.
- Experience conducting site visits and activity verification and data quality assessments in multiple areas within West Africa.
- Experience designing and implementing performance and impact evaluation of development interventions.
- Experience leveraging performance monitoring data for improving ongoing project management.
- Familiarity with USAID policies related to evaluation and performance management highly desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken French and English; additional local languages a plus.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.