Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities is seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded Rwanda Orora Wihaze program. This program will sustainably increase the availably of, access to, and consumption of animal source foods (ASF) through the development of a profitable market. The goal of the program is to increase income for households, increase investment in ASF value chains and to improve nutritional outcomes for children and women of childbearing age.
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will ensure that the program achieves results in all areas and that team members are poised to deliver services on schedule:
* Lead Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities for the program;
* Manage the Monitoring and Evaluation components of the program and make operational decisions;
* Oversee data collection and ensure that the M&E system and results reporting meet the requirements of program;
* Lead a system for continuous communication with external evaluation partners;
* Use critical inputs, feedback, and assessments received from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up;
* Ensure that program components are results-oriented.
* Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent in business administration or related area of study or equivalent work experience. Specialized training in M&E;
* Seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in managing complex project of similar size;
* Five (5) years of monitoring and evaluation work at the supervisory level preferred;
* Experience designing and overseeing M&E data collection and reporting for agriculture/food security projects. Feed the Future reporting experience in also preferred;
* Demonstrated research design and analytical skills;
* Five (5) years of agriculture research or monitoring and evaluation experience in a development setting in Africa, preferably in the area of animal sourced foods;
* USAID or other international donor experience;
* Experience implementing, operationalizing, and managing information collection and assessment systems;
* Experience creating and managing information data bases using appropriate software applications;
* Ability to work in team environment and work with and train non-direct reports to implement programs;
* Strong writing, reporting, and presentational skills;
* Familiarity with gender issues in monitoring and evaluation and an understanding of the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) preferred.
Rwandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.