Resonance is seeking candidates to serve as Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project focused on Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) in Senegal. The contract will holistically assist USAID Senegal in its overall (MEL) needs during the five-year (2021-2026) implementation and subsequent Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS).
The DCOP will work closely with the Chief of Party, USAID representatives, members of the Resonance home office project management team, and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the project’s deliverables are achieved in a timely and highly responsive manner and in compliance with the requirements of the contract, and the Client and Resonance rules, regulations, and procedures. They will oversee and manage various technical, financial, administrative, and operational components of the project, and provide leadership in project contract and subcontract management, budget oversight, staff and consultant mobilization and management, client relationship, and HR management for the project.
- Lead or oversee monitoring and evaluation components of the contract.
- Supports overall tactical allocation and coordination of the project resources on behalf of client.
- Works with the COP to ensure that all activities are carried out in compliance with USAID regulations and Resonance policies/procedures in an efficient and responsive manner, providing or soliciting guidance when appropriate.
- Ensures tasks conducted under monitoring and evaluation component meet budget, scope, are contractually compliant.
- Provide technical oversight and put in place technical quality protocol on all tasks under monitoring and evaluation component. Work with learning team to integrate learning into monitoring and evaluation tasks
- Responsible for project subcontractor relationship management and ensures proactive and compliant mobilization of subcontract expertise.
- Keeps COP and Resonance Home Office apprised of issues related to project management and implementation for monitoring and evaluation tasks.
- Works effectively and supervise technical staff and support staff members to assure timely completion of deliverables.
- Supports the Chief of Party in technical direction and management, as directed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s degree in international development, evaluation, statistics, economics, human and organizational systems, public policy, or other relevant areas.
- Proven technical experience in monitoring, evaluation, and CLA. Familiarity with evaluation best practices.
- At least seven (7) years of management and supervisory experience with a U.S. Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or nongovernmental organization.
- Experience in human capacity development, social sector development, or civil society development.
- Proven ability to respond quickly to newly emergent tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with adaptive management.
- Demonstrated experience managing multicultural and diverse teams, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of ADS requirements, the Program Cycle, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, the J2SR, Clear Choice, and other significant Agency initiatives required.
- Superior written and oral communication skills in both English and French required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & COMPETENCIES
- Experience of similar MEL platforms.
- Familiarity with complexity-aware monitoring and change management.
- Experience engaging with local organizations and stakeholders.
- Experience in Senegal.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial, and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.