ME&A seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist to lead monitoring and evaluation activities for the upcoming USAID Judicial Reform in Uzbekistan Program (JRUP). JRUP is a three-year mechanism that will support and respond to requests made by the Ministry of Justice and others to USAID for cooperation and technical assistance in support of the Government of Uzbekistan priorities for ensuring the Rule of Law and further reforming the legal and judicial system and aiding in the growth and development of civil society in Uzbekistan. JRUP will seek to identify and prioritize opportunities for USAID support and engagement in reform efforts, the development of Rule of Law and the legal sector, support to select agencies and civil society. This position is contingent upon award.
The M&E Specialist will serve as a technical lead and will design, oversee, and assure the quality of all M&E activities. Specifically, s/he will:
- Oversee and participate in evaluations and assessments
- Coordinate data collection and survey field activities
- Analyze and interpret survey and evaluation results
- Manage the design, development and completion of all M&E deliverables
- Review evaluation designs, data collection instruments, data analysis plans, budgets, workplans, reporting methods and policies
- Develop performance indicators
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or above) in international relations, economics, statistics, political science, public policy, or other relevant field, with an emphasis on M&E
- At least five years of experience designing and conducting assessments, surveys, and performance and impact evaluations, including designing data collection instruments, developing data analysis plans, and collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- At least five years of demonstrated M&E experience on USAID-funded projects desired
- At least five years of demonstrated management experience, supervising technical staff and contractors desired
- Ability to provide expert guidance to technical teams in developing and updating monitoring, evaluation and learning plans
- Familiarity with data management desired
- Excellent communication, supervision, and management skills
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Uzbek required. Russian language skills desired
- Resident or citizen of Uzbekistan
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.