Dexis is seeking an experienced Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to serve as the technical lead for MEL activities on the Backbone Support and Learning Contract. As a coordination, collaboration, and learning platform, the Backbone Support and Learning program will contribute to all aspects of the RISE II results framework. In addition, it will make a central contribution to the RISE II transformative outcome of “Enhanced capacity to learn and adapt among beneficiaries, local partners, and partner governments.” This position is contingent upon contract award. The expected period of performance is an estimated 5 years (duration of the program). This position will be based in West Africa (Niger or Burkina Faso).
- Translating evidence collected through M&E and research into guidance for implementation and ensuring implementing partners (IPs) collaboratively discuss, test and refine guidance based on field experience.
- Design, conduct, and oversea baselines assessments, performance evaluations, and impact evaluations in the RISE II zone of influence (Niger and Burkina Faso).
- Overseeing data quality assessments, assessing the quality of indicators, and facilitating learning events.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, economics, knowledge management or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning in the areas of Agriculture, Health, Governance and Conflict, Water and Sanitation, Economic Growth.
- Significant experience designing and implementing baseline assessments, performance evaluations, impact evaluations, translating evidence into guidance for implementation, conducting data quality assessments, and assessing the quality of indicators.
- Past experience working for USAID programs (preferably programs which support USAID’s efforts to increase the resilience of vulnerable communities)
- Excellent team work, inter-personal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Required to have oral and written communication and presentations skills in French (equivalent to tested FSI R4/S4) and English.
- Work experience in West Africa (preferably Niger and Burkina Faso).
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.