Social Solutions International, Inc. seeks a Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to support USAID/Vietnam with the USAID Learns Program. USAID Learns is a contract with the United States Agency for International Development’s Mission in Vietnam. The purpose of this award is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and their partners to be more efficient, effective, and transparent in achieving program results through the use of evidence, performance management techniques, and Collaborating Learning and Adapting practices. The USAID/Vietnam Mission seeks to implement a robust learning support mechanism that will improve effectiveness and implementation of implementing the USAID Program Cycle by tracking and adapting their programs, generating and feeding learning back into programs, and strengthening their partnerships with local stakeholders in order to achieve the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) development objectives.
The senior MEL specialist will primarily be responsible for delivering the monitoring, evaluation and learning results of this project. S/he will oversee evaluations, monitoring support for the USAID Mission and leadership of the creation and implementation of a learning agenda for the Mission.
- Supervise all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) assignments conducted under the contract
- Work with the client to refine scopes of work for M&E assignments such as evaluations and support for strengthening performance monitoring
- Recruit, orient, and support short-term consultants to conduct M&E assignments
- Oversee the design of evaluations, including details of data collection protocols for qualitative data such as surveys, focus groups, and key informant interviews
- Implement best practices for data analysis
- Follow USAID policy ADS 201 for completion of M&E assignments
- Serve as liaison with USAID on assignments, ensuring they proceed accordingly, and challenges are addressed proactively
- Ensure the quality, appropriateness, and technological refinement of services related to improving the integrity and usefulness of USAID/Vietnam’s monitoring and reporting systems
- Ensure the quality, suitability, technological sophistication, and timeliness of Social Solutions International’s evaluations, analyses, and assessments
- Further strengthen the existing learning capabilities of USAID/Vietnam and design and introduce improved strategies and methods of learning
- Lead Social Solutions’ collaboration with USAID/Vietnam to strategically and effectively draw contextual, programmatic, and operational learning from its M&E, analytical, and assessment efforts
- Master’s Degree in international development, quantitative research, statistics or other areas clearly relevant to data analysis and impact analysis or related field
- Eight (8) years of direct experience developing and managing evaluations, monitoring systems, and conducting social science research
- Five (5) years’ experience leading MEL activities in an international setting
- At least three (3) years conducting evaluations of programs in a leadership capacity
- Proven track record of work in monitoring and evaluation, data quality assessments, data validation, data audits, data collection, with a particular focus on supervising and monitoring data collection activities
- Demonstrated capacity in statistical analysis
- Three (3) years of experience living and working in developing country environments, preferably southeast Asia
- English fluency (Level V)
- High-quality past performance references
- Experience in Vietnam is beneficial
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned company. Social Solutions emphasizes quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
Social Solutions International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.